Thread: Walker-Turner 16" Bandsaw

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Walker-Turner 16" Bandsaw

I've been looking for a Walker Turner 16" bandsaw for at least two years. I finally found one a few days ago on a Syracuse, NY Craigslist ad. It was poorly written and the photographs were even worse! Turns out the guy selling the old saw lives in Ogdensburg, NY, just across the border from me. I went down there over the weekend, looked the saw over and we struck a deal. Now I just have to figure out a way to get the 650# of cast iron art deco loveliness loaded up and back across the border in my little Honda CR-V!

The saw has been in dry storage for the past 20 years. Based upon the badging, the saw was made in 1940-41. It was used by a contractor during construction of the St. Lawrence Seaway then sold to the father of the current seller. Somewhere along the way it has tipped and the main casting was broken. It has been brazed by an expert and the wheels are in alignment and parallel so I'm not too concerned. The father was a WT fan because he collected a WT shaper, a VS lathe, a small jointer and an absolute beast of a RAS!

As everything seems to be in good shape I'll probably turn it into my daily user and do a teardown/refurb somewhere down the road. I would like to swap out the motor for a bigger R/I motor from the period but this may not be possible if I stick with the current base.

2013-02-09 17.24.51.jpg 2013-02-09 17.40.26.jpg 2013-02-09 17.39.16.jpg
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 02-11-2015 at 6:48 PM. Reason: Solicitation
    Best regards,

Ron

You haven't really been lost until you've been lost at Mach 2!