Thread: Exhaust Error on RayJet 50

Exhaust Error on RayJet 50

So I just received my RayJet 50, started hooking it up last night and kept receiving this error: "No feedback from exhaust! Continue with engraving?"
    I checked the exhaust and its hooked up and running, any ideas on whats going on? and if I push "OK" and have it engrave, is it dangerous?

What kind of exhaust do you have? My guess is that it's looking for the Atmos system they sell. If you don't have an Atmos system, and are just using a dust collector motor as the exhaust, it can't see that because it's not hooked up together, electronically. If you don't have the Atmos, and your exhaust is on, you're probably fine. If you do have the Atmos and it's not seeing it, then there's an issue.

If you don't have the Atmos system, there's normally a setting to change to suppress that warning.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I purchased this exhaust -- http://www.harborfreight.com/13-gall...tor-31810.html
    Many people recommended it and I connected it to the RayJet with a hose.
    Any idea which setting that would be?
    Could it be that air is escaping between the machine and the hose? Or you think its fine...

Alice

I'm quite sure that Steve is correct and you have nothing to worry about. Your machine is looking for the Atmos and not finding it.

If you smell odors then you may have a leak but your machine can't sense that.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thank Mike, any idea how to bypass the error? it pops up every time I hit print.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Labaton View Post
    Thank Mike, any idea how to bypass the error? it pops up every time I hit print.
    I don't know how to do that on the Rayjet. I know how to do it in the Job Control X side of things, but I think you use Commander or something like that and I have no knowledge of that program. It should be in a "settings" area or "Setup" and it should be a check box that says "Suppress warning" or something like that. Call tech support, they'll sort it out in seconds, where I'm just guessing.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

You're awesome Scott, thanks so much!!

Hi Alice! Congrats on the new RayJet! Yes, Scott is correct, this error is popping up because the laser is not connected to an Atmos filtration system via a serial cable. Nothing to worry about. The way to turn this off is to right click on the MiniManager icon that is in your tray at the bottom right on your screen. Options should pop up as a menu choice and the controls for this are in there. If you need help locating it, please give the Tech Support team a call and they can walk you thru the process.
    Trotec Laser, Inc.
    Marketing

Thanks so much Kristina and thanks for all your help on the purchase .