Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this new?

Is this new?

I just came across this site and am curious to know if anybody has tried them or know of their product.

http://www.lasermgroup.com/shop/
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Engraving Etc has a post about it stating yesterday.

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

Finally one that looks like a real business!!! Not only that but they have a handfull of products in the inks and
    colorants industry I seached the address and it looks like it's manufactured here.

http://www.centchem.com/centchem.html
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Don't you remember this powder from July.........

Subject: cermark competitor

Looks like colorlaserproduction got bought out and by http://lasermgroup.com/
    .............. 52 posts of disappointment
    Last edited by Mark Sipes; 10-18-2012 at 2:54 PM.
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

Mark, I had to check out the past posts again. The address is linked to a chemical company the specializes in inks
    and colorations. I felt more cofortable with it being linked to a business and not a basement. I talked with one of
    the partners and it sounded like he was versed in the product. Looks like the past post was dissed for photography rather then a bad experience with the product. It looks like the photos are better this time around.
    Time will tell as we see some results. At least it seems there is a viable company with this version and that others are taking notes of producing product for our industry.
    Martin Boekers

Geo Knight K Mug Press,

I do agree the photos look impressive. I'm fairly sure that the last "basement" distributor did not make the product himself.. AND the photos, packaging and marketing was far from achieving any venture capital from "The Sharks" (lol) I tried the samples he sent and the mixing was a pain and the result were even less impressive. But that was the "red" color that was provided.........

I do hope this round will have better reviews from the fourm.
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)

I was suspicious that this might be the same but it does look like they have their act together.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I see they sell the spray--but I like the 1# tubs so I can "mix" my own consistency! I hope we're not being pushed into a corner here??!!

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Wish the Sample Gallery showed colors applied onto metal..... If anyone buys the red for metal please provide feedback......
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

I had a good conversation yesterday with Ed Weller who is one of the partners. He assured me that they have tech support on hand at during normal business hours and that their tests show superiority to Cermark in terms of contrast. Ed said all the right things to convince me that this is an above board company that is reliable.

Their products include a wood marking material that I find very interesting. There is a video on their web site http://lasermgroup.com/. They recommend overcoating the wood after it has been lasered. I'll be interested in seeing how that works as I have several applications for it. (I have not tried LazrDark, a competitive product)

The material can be purchased as a powder in a bottle where you add the prescribed amount of denatured alcohol or for a higher price they will pre-mix it for you.

Besides the wood ink product they offer black for metal, and blue, green, white and black for glass/ceramic. I am impressed with the pictures of their results.

I have some material coming next week and I'm particularly interested in the metal product and whether I can use it on aluminum and brass as I have had no success with Cermark on those materials. I will post my results on those metals.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Laser Mark and LazrDark

I also had a length conversation with Ed and asked many questions. I was curious about the wood product. After watching the video I asked him if the wood needed to be sealed or clear coated before the application or if it would bleed into the grain as like some colorfill. He told me the product is made for unvarnished wood. It looks like the consistency of water, brushing on clear. Watch the video!

I've used the LazrDark and you have to seal the wood first. Spray on before lasering and it is a dark brown when lasered. It must be sealed with their sealer for durability yet LaserMark should be sealed for durability simply using wood laquer.

I do alot of tile and bricks and will be interested to see how his product holds up to UV rays and the elements, as well as metal marking stainless steel and qr codes.

I have some product coming next week and am looking forward to trying these new products. I'll post my projects when done.

Ed did explain that due to lack of demand and or dissappointment some of the colors are being discontinued. RED not primary red but is more coppery red and the green is more Forest Green than Kelly or Grass Green.

Here is an example of the Lazr Dark
    kids_on_flag.jpeg

Vicki

Vicki

Thanks for your input. We'll be looking forward to the results of your tests.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I received my samples yesterday and tried out the wood black this morning. The pictures with my cellphone are lousy but on the whole I thought the product performed as expected. More testing is needed.

It is applied to unfinished wood and because it is a surface finish rather than an engraved finish it can be applied to virtually any kind of wood. After "engraving" (I used 15% power at 70 inches per second on my 45 watt machine) a finish coat of varnish or some type of clear coat is applied to protect the image. There is a small bit of grain showing through but it is minimal. The wood is sanded but otherwise unfinished cherry.

The one on the left has been clear coated. As I have time to experiment more I will post more pictures and will try to use a real camera next time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike Null; 10-24-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Mike, if you talk with Ed again you may see if it would be possible if they could sell the "binder" by itself
    and the colors by themself so they could be mixed with the "binder," that way it would be easier to stock
    a variety of colors. A bit confusing, but I think you get the point.
    Martin Boekers

Geo Knight K Mug Press,

Marty

Actually the way they market it is with each color in its own container. You can buy it as a powder or with the dna added. I chose to add the dna. When you come over you can see what they have done and can try it while you're here. I like their plan and if I can get the results they show on the site I will be sold.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7