Went to Home Depot on Saturday to buy the Ridgid R4512 saw. Worked with two different associates, both of whom were completely useless, I wanted to make sure the saw was made in 2016, after the trunnion issue was fixed. Left the store completely annoyed with them. I really wanted the saw so I went back early Sunday morning and asked for the manager. It was like I was in a different store, the manager and his assistant were great. They got a fork lift to get the saws down from a high rack, allowed me to open the box and examine the saw, then loaded it into my suv with the fork lift. I tried to use a Harbor Freight 20% coupon but they said no go but I had a 10% HD coupon which I used. I put the saw mostly together yesterday and will finish it today. It does have the three caster configuration, I didn't want that but so far it works great.I think for someone who wants a new saw and only to spend $500 (that's me) this is a great buy. So the lesson I learned was: if you're buying an expensive item at Home Depot ask for the manager, this is actually the second time I've done this at HD and it's worked well both times.
PS I watched a great you tube video ahead of time on how to put the saw together, really made the build much,much easier, you tube is absolutely am amazing source of information.