Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Felder AD941 vs Hammer A3 41 and K3 Comfort

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    Do a search and read the horror stories before you choose.

John

Enlighten me, how about some context to your comment...Hammer, Felder, SCM, there will be horror stories to all of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    For similar money you can buy an FS41ES from Minimax, I’ve had mine for over a year now, treating me well.
    Definitely a contender, in the end I went with the ad941

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Honestly, while the Hammer line isn't as beefy or "special" as the full Felder tools, you do get a lot for the money. Were I in your position, "door number two" would be pretty compelling since you'd pretty much have your shop set to do real work as an avocation or for some commissions. I know that I don't really need the "beef" of my S315WS slider and could easily be happier with a lighter weight saw, but at the time, the price was right, and it does compliment my FS350 J/P just fine. So my opinion is that unless you have a reason that requires you to buy the heavier AD941, the two Hammer tools for similar money is a good option.
    I agree with Hammer you get a lot for the money I just think at this point in my life the extra money for the Felder line is worth it in the long run, there are a few little nitpicky things on the Hammer that makes me think that I would end up upgrading in the future, buying the Felder now just means I need to wait a your to buy a slider, I can do that I have lived with my inca 2200 for 25 years one more won’t kill me.

Awesome, let us know more!

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    Do a search and read the horror stories before you choose.

John
    I agree with this, but I also suggest you join the Felder and Minimax Yahoo sites. I'd rather learn from thousands of positive and productive things than A few negative things. Very seldom do people post reviews on forums when everything is good. Usually it's venting from a bad experience. I've read a couple ugly posts about both companies, but how many thousands of these machines are out there that are being used every day by satisfied customers.

Are you looking for advice or confirmation on a choice you've already made?

Marty

With regard to the comment about "horror stories"....wondering if we could have more specifics. I recall a thread about serious problems with an SCM machine delivered damaged, and months of patient work by the owner to get the parts replaced. As someone who owns a Hammer K3, and is considering a Felder machine I'd like to know if Hammer or Felder was also included in the comment...
    Thanks,
    Izzy

Quote Originally Posted by marty fretheim View Post
    I agree with this, but I also suggest you join the Felder and Minimax Yahoo sites. I'd rather learn from thousands of positive and productive things than A few negative things. Very seldom do people post reviews on forums when everything is good. Usually it's venting from a bad experience. I've read a couple ugly posts about both companies, but how many thousands of these machines are out there that are being used every day by satisfied customers.

Are you looking for advice or confirmation on a choice you've already made?

Marty
    We are on the same page, when I posted this I was on the path to the 941 but then I was questioning if I really need it because I need to also replace my 25 year old Inca 2200 and buying the 941 would mean I would have to wait for a slider, I am not that involved in this blog stuff much and I thought maybe I could get some objective opinions which i did in addition to noise...

Don’t worry about the so called horror stories, all products have them... I would buy euro over asian any day, even though the Hammer has outsourced parts its still better than the asian equivalents. Don’t get me wrong the asian machines have benifits like price point and entry into the world of woodworking...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark e Kessler View Post
    Enlighten me, how about some context to your comment...Hammer, Felder, SCM, there will be horror stories to all of them...
    This is just one: https://forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...hlight=minimax

Blog Entries
    On my last order I hired my own shipper to pickup the package at SCM and bought insurance on the order enough to cover the entire machine plus shipping.

SCM replaced the motor on my machine when the brake failed. They air freighted from Italy.

I’ve also found Felder to be quite good. I bought parts for my FD 250 and they when some things were missing they dug through the warehouse to find them.
    Last edited by Brian Holcombe; 12-15-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.