Like Matt I haven't used Sygic (actually never heard of it before your post) but have used older Garmin GPS's and built in GPS systems in my 2009 Murano and wife's 2015 Mini and Google Maps. The newest Garmin I have used is probably 10 years old so the interface is probably better now (same for the Murano GPS) but I prefer Google maps to any of the GPS's. First the interface is superior, I can simply say "OK Google Lee Valley" and it will find the nearest store and navigate to it. Don't know if the latest Garmin or other brands of GPS can do that. Also Google Maps is constantly updating via the internet, I updated my Murano GPS 2 years ago and a major new road that opened about the same time is missing and will remain missing unless I buy a newer update DVD (which I won't). As I said, my Garmin GPS is older so don't know if they have adopted a live internet based data base vs DVD or download static data base. Plus with a phone based system it's one less gadget to carry and keep charged.