I've bee a Sirius XM subscriber since 2012. We listen to made 3-4 channels out of their entire package. At the end of my subscription periods, they jump the price up considerably (200 plus percent or more) and then you call and spend an hour on the phone and they finally give you a rate that is tolerable. For each of my two vehicles for the past two years we have paid $102 per year per vehicle for their "select" package, a total of just over $400. The renewal price quoted for the coming one year contract was $892.24. Who are they kidding? I called and after 2 long phone calls they offered me the select package again for a total of $123.96 per vehicle, but only for a year. I refused unless they would do it for two years. They would not budge on the one year term, so I cancelled.

What kind of a business plan gives a customer a 72% discount if you complain about the initial price of service year after year? I refused to play their game any longer and canceled. I can buy a lot of CD's to play in my vehicles for $125 per year.