It seems to me- and not just here, but on other forums as well- that there are some that feel like if you pay more for something, then you must be trying to (insert reason here: prove a point- be cool- fit in- etc.) and there is always some bickering about new versus old, and you can get this for $x but the new one is $XX. There is always someone with an air of bravado in their posts- "Oh, I don't know why you would buy that when the old one does the same thing," but it doesn't do it the same way. The new one doesn't have a fence that racks, and has a fine adjuster, and threaded depth adjuster that is less likely to move around, and modern alloys, and what's wrong with just liking the way it looks/feels? Why the high horse on these things? My personal take is I understand the guy that chooses the cheaper option, as well as the one that goes with the more expensive one. Each of you chose a value- but each saw a different value. You are neither right nor wrong- just different. Also, some people have more disposable income than others. For some $500 is a lot of money, and for some it isn't. Some people put higher value on the money saved, and some put a higher value on the item purchased- even if their income is the same. Thank goodness we are all different, or what a boring world it would be.

This thread is rapidly taking the direction of the LN bronze thread. I'm off to the shop to build stuff.