Thread: Everybody got their eclipse glasses?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by George Yetka View Post
    Blue skys all day, 230 rolled around and a giant cloud rolled right in front of the sun. Couldn't see a thing.
    When the eclipse you’re waiting on, as you mentioned earlier happens, the sun should be easily visible.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

FYI... if you had eclipse glasses, please recycle them via https://astronomerswithoutborders.org/home
    they send them to poor countries when they have an eclipse... there is one this fall in South America

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Aumiller View Post
    FYI... if you had eclipse glasses, please recycle them via https://astronomerswithoutborders.org/home
    they send them to poor countries when they have an eclipse... there is one this fall in South America
    The local Menards had hundreds of pairs of eclipse glasses left early Monday afternoon. I checked the Menards website yesterday curious to see how many eclipse glasses were still in inventory and the eclipse glasses were gone off the website. I would not be surprised if they threw away the remainder. They had them on clearance last week already for $1 instead of the original $2. Minnesota was only getting a partial eclipse which is why the eclipse glasses did not sell out.

Menards stores in a state that was going to see totality ran out of eclipse glasses a week or more before the eclipse. I saw something from a Menards employee saying they would answer the phone and immediately say they were out of eclipse glasses as that was the majority of calls.

Blog Entries

How Are Your Eyes After Watching the Eclipse?

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)