I will do a video once we get the 3-phase wired up, but here is how big the 24” 7.5hp Grizzly bandsaw is. No photos I found online really showed the true size. For anyone wondering if it will fit in the shop- it is 83.5” tall. The crate adds about 6” (4” pallet and 2” additional crate height.). Our door is 93” high, so she squeezed right in. The large mobile base does fit with the extension rail kit added to one side.

I am really impressed so far with the build quality. The table is beautifully machined, as is the fence.

The saw next to it is the Rikon professional 14” 3hp, and that’s not forced perspective- the two saws are barely a foot apart. I stand 5’7” and my vertical arm reach is about 7 feet.

IMG_3086.jpg IMG_3084.jpg

ugh. The sideways bug strikes again. Tilt your head. I am on the phone and can’t rotate the pic.

Three strong men can slide it off the pallet without equipment. We used 2x4’s to elevate the saw and built the rolling base around it. Sorry- didn’t get a pic of it with the rolling base yet. After attaching the rolling base, I used a 2x4 to leverage the other 2x4’s out from under it. Worked like a charm.

The Rikon is a true champion, but after sawing yellow birch veneers for 14 doors, we said it was time to go big.