Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I The Only One

Blog Entries

Am I The Only One

that puts too many sheets through his paper shredder and then has to get needle nose pliers out to clean up the mess.

Just wondering?

Yep!
    Seriously, I haven't had that problem but thanks for the heads up!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    I do that all the time, but I just push the reverse button to clean it out.

Blog Entries
    I had a plug today that reverse would not work. Oh Well

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    that puts too many sheets through his paper shredder and then has to get needle nose pliers out to clean up the mess.

Just wondering?

I use a dental pick.
    Comments made here are my own and, according to my children, do not reflect the opinions of any other person... anywhere, anytime.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    I had a plug today that reverse would not work. Oh Well
    How many sheets were you trying to feed at once?

Mine starts to choke on two or three. Most of the time one at a time is my rule.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    It was an envelope with a letter in it that jammed it. I hate to say, it's not the first time.

I used to have one that would work hard on 2 sheets now I have one that takes 6 sheets no problem and it is a micro cut unit that I got on sale for $32

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Velasquez View Post
    I use a dental pick.
    I use a burn barrel by the shop. Hasn't clogged yet regardless of how many sheets I put in.

burn_barrel_stainless.jpg

JKJ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    I use a burn barrel by the shop. Hasn't clogged yet regardless of how many sheets I put in.

JKJ
    Other than preferring to recycle, burn barrels are not allowed in my neck of the woods.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Other than preferring to recycle, burn barrels are not allowed in my neck of the woods.

jtk
    Ditto here too.
    My shredder will take 4-5 sheets at a time. I can hear it strain if I overload it but it's never clogged.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

The wife picked up a nice cross-cut shredder a few years ago, from Costco I think-- it claims to eat up to 13 'basic' sheets at once. It does Eats credit cards and CD's too, no problem. And the cross cut pieces take up way less space than strips do.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

We are not allowed to burn here either only tree trimmings.

Blog Entries
    One thing to help a paper shredder do its thing is to every once in a while feed it a piece of paper that has been sprayed with cooking oil. If no cooking spray is available, smear some mineral oil or cooking oil on a sheet of paper.

It might be good to do this after the bin is emptied so the 'contaminated' sheet can be kept separate from paper to recycle.

jtk

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    We are not allowed to burn here either only tree trimmings.
    That's what I usually burn, tree trimmings and branches and small trunks when clearing or when a tree falls. I don't think burning is allowed in more populated areas. In this rural area burning is allowed year-around unless temporarily banned when conditions are unfavorable. A free permit is needed from Oct 15 to May 15, no permit needed the other half of the year. No leaf burning allowed. Rules require having a water hose or equipment handy and someone with the fire until it's is out. I use my tractor to push and turn and spread and water to douse the coals. This is what I cleared when I built my shop.

2012-08-25_10-21-20_425.jpg

We do recycle paper, cans, plastic, and glass. We no longer have a shredder but my wife sometimes carries papers to have them shredded. If I buy another one it will be a heavy-duty commercial model. I haven't been happy with the cheap consumer models I've had.

JKJ