Thread: Hardwood Flooring Jack

Hardwood Flooring Jack

Would love some recommendations. I put in two floors so far and wish I had one of these. I want one that can push and pull. Also, thoughts on proper use appreciated.

Mike

I've used them, they work well. My use was always on stair landing were there may not be a sill plate framed into the wall, so often pushing on sheetrock, which doesn't work. Times I didn't have it with me I would use a set of wedges. Cut off flooring could build the wedges out pretty far.
    Richard

The jacks are a must. I do wood floors for a living. Gotta have

I would never push against drywall. I'd put 1x4 (long) there. Anyways, looking for brand recommendations (push pull type)

I've put in around 1,000 sq ft of pre-finished hardwood floor (mixture of oak and hickory). Most of the time the flooring has been straight enough the nailer pulled it in. But when the gap is too great, I drive a large screwdriver into the sub floor and use that to pry against the flooring. Pretty crude but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dwight View Post
    I've put in around 1,000 sq ft of pre-finished hardwood floor (mixture of oak and hickory). Most of the time the flooring has been straight enough the nailer pulled it in. But when the gap is too great, I drive a large screwdriver into the sub floor and use that to pry against the flooring. Pretty crude but it works.
    How about the Primatech Jack?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike OMelia View Post
    How about the Primatech Jack?
    This is weird. Usually when I ask for recommendations, I get a bunch. Do most people not use these?

Primatech is what I use. Great tools

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Beagle View Post
    Primatech is what I use. Great tools
    Hey Sam, thanks, have u used that jack? Never mind, I see where u said u use them
    Last edited by Mike OMelia; 01-29-2019 at 7:50 PM.