Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Re : "I do not have permission to view photos"

Re : "I do not have permission to view photos"

I don't see any announcement. Where exactly can I read it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yonak Hawkins View Post
    In a announcement post at the very top of this, and every other forum I've checked, plus I saw it in the New Posts section when it was first posted.

Yonak,

simply click on any forum and at the top are announcements for that forum. The top most announcement on all the forums states as of May 2, 2019 Members will no longer be able to see images.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonak Hawkins View Post
    Here is where you can read it If you personally are having trouble viewing photos when logged in let us know
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by David Bassett View Post
    In a announcement post at the very top of this, and every other forum I've checked, plus I saw it in the New Posts section when it was first posted.
    I've studied what's at the top of this page and I do not see it. Is it under a tab or something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Here is where you can read it If you personally are having trouble viewing photos when logged in let us know
    OK, for others, like me, who can't see the message referred to, here's what it says :

"On May 2nd we have removed Members privileges to view pictures."

..So, members now can't see images. Go figure . . .

Yonak,

The announcement is near the top of the page when you're in one of the forums, but not when you're looking at a particular thread within a forum:

SMC Screenshot.jpg

Keith, when are you going to fill us in on the subscription cost going forward and when will this happen? Thank you

The cost of the new subscription service will remain 6 dollars per year. As long as enough people provide the necessary financial support it will not be increased. Any increase will not affect your current subscription until your next annual renewal. If I have to I will subsidize our costs from our SawMill Creek savings until it runs out of money which is about six months. For the record the majority of the people who are subscribing now are using PayPal and selecting the 2 dollars per month auto-subscription option and the numbers are growing every day.

The reason that we are making these changes in steps is because I don't have a means of spreading the word about the conversion to a subscription base system. I know this sounds impossible but the truth is that most people here go directly to the forum area they visit here and disregard everything else. They won't read Announcements, Private Messages and most won't read a thread that I create that concerns our services. I can mass email but I don't like that option and so many people have changed their email address along the way and not updated them here its kind of a useless way to communicate.

The announcements are at the top of every Main Forum Page. Go to the General Woodworking Forum, Turners Forum, Neanderthall Forum, etc and look at the top of the page. You can tell that a large number of people don't even know that we have Announcements
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 05-05-2019 at 12:50 PM.

In spite of the fact that these changes are not my fault I expect to take a lot of heat both here and in every other woodworking forum the Internet. Its already started on other forums but its nothing new...I have been beaten bloody many times before and called every nasty name you can imagine.

I just deleted three posts, thanks to everyone both pro and con for your comments they are always appreciated but please don't be unfriendly towards each other.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 05-05-2019 at 12:59 PM.

I've been a member for a couple years and don't dispute the value of the forum or the reasons for needing to charge a small fee to keep the place running. However every week or two SWMBO busts my chops about the amount of time I spend on the forums. If she found out I was paying even a small amount to be able to read a forum my days on them would be numbered . I've liked it here but I will be one of the ones that fades away.
    All the best
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Christensen View Post
    I've been a member for a couple years and don't dispute the value of the forum or the reasons for needing to charge a small fee to keep the place running. However every week or two SWMBO busts my chops about the amount of time I spend on the forums. If she found out I was paying even a small amount to be able to read a forum my days on them would be numbered . I've liked it here but I will be one of the ones that fades away.
    Maybe there should be an option for sending cash in the mail? :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Dawson View Post
    Maybe there should be an option for sending cash in the mail? :^)
    There actually is...from the Donate Link above, scrolling down...

Donations via Check

PayPal will accept both checks and credit cards, and while we do prefer that you make use of our automated system for subscriptions, the slower alternative is always available. Please list your username in the Memo field of your check:

Make checks out to:

SawmillCreek Woodworker's Forums

8770 Little England Road
    Hayes, VA 23072
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

It's such a small sum of money it's funny that it's an issue. Peter, with all due respect, if you enjoy SMC just mail it in and you can continue participating, it's really that simple. Make something nice for your wife and tell her you learned it here!
    You'll always catch more Bees with honey than vinegar!

And when does it convert completely?