Thread: Follow up lathe at auction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy View Post
    Skip. I have the same set of Lemco's, plus a couple of custom sizes.
    I know the man that made those. He's been here at my shop. He lives an hour drive from me.
    Steve,
    As you may know by now, the man who invented the Lemco turning tools passed a few years back. His grandson (who grew up in Lemler's shop) has been on the hunt to find a set as a means of memorializing his grandpa. I've been brought in as a friend to assist, as I'm a little more savvy with digital networking. If you ever come across any more, would you please let me know?

Best,
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Will Neds View Post
    Steve,
    As you may know by now, the man who invented the Lemco turning tools passed a few years back. His grandson (who grew up in Lemler's shop) has been on the hunt to find a set as a means of memorializing his grandpa. I've been brought in as a friend to assist, as I'm a little more savvy with digital networking. If you ever come across any more, would you please let me know?

Best,
    Will
    AJ Lxxxxx. Hadn't heard officially, but figured as much. Haven't seen/heard from AJ in a long time.
    Seems I ran across the grandson on one of the forums........don't remember.
    I know where there is another set. I tried buying them one other time. I'll check.
    Steve

Would it be possible to post a photo of them or a link to a photo. I think woodturning has more one person shops than any other hobby I've ever done. Monster hollowing, Robust lathes, Thompson tools, D-Way etc.

Steve,

Any update on another Lemco set? If there is an easier way to communicate please let me know. I'm happy to publicly share the grandson's phone number :P

-Will

Steve,

Any update on another Lemco set? If there is an easier way to communicate please let me know. I'm happy to publicly share the grandson's phone number :P

-Will

Working on getting a price. This is a full set with the custom box.
    I'll PM you (private message) when I get that. He hasn't said for sure if they are for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy View Post
    Working on getting a price. This is a full set with the custom box.
    I'll PM you (private message) when I get that. He hasn't said for sure if they are for sale.
    I haven't found a Private Message inbox on this sawmillcreek forum. Only notifications which are linked to posts in public threads. So I thought I'd check back in and see if I missed anything from you regarding whether the Lemco set was for sale.
    Thanks!

I haven't found a Private Message inbox on this sawmillcreek forum. Only notifications which are linked to posts in public threads. So I thought I'd check back in and see if I missed anything from you regarding whether the Lemco set was for sale.
    Thanks!
    Hi Will. No info yet as I haven't got him pinned down yet.
    Steve

Hi again Steve. Rather than you being the middle man, would it be possible to share the contact information or address of the person with the Lemco set? The grandson still lives in the area and would be happy to meet with the owner to discuss a sale. Thanks!

Hi again Steve. Rather than you being the middle man, would it be possible to share the contact information or address of the person with the Lemco set? The grandson still lives in the area and would be happy to meet with the owner to discuss a sale. Thanks!

Tools are currently not for sale.

EB8B2DF6-7897-448F-B181-A5257EB28E17.jpgFound this picture of a set on the web.
    Last edited by Bruce McVeety; 10-14-2021 at 7:21 AM.