Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shop Dog

Shop Dog

There isn't much in life better than a good shop dog. Sam the Wonder Dog is gone and missed but Sweet Maggie Dog is still in the shop and under foot. You can't see it but she is next to the bag of rawhide bones, smart dog .

shopDog.jpg

She is wet from a swim in the pool, also normal condition.

I know others have a shop dog, let's see photos.

ken

Here's Skipper - who's always with me in the shop. He's getting up in age but still has a lot of energy.

Mike

Skipper.jpg
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

My shop dog Nellie.
    She doesn’t mind any of the machines running but hates the push broom.
    She has big ears like a donkey. She can hear so well no one comes on the property without her knowing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Aj

Blog Entries
    How about a shop cat?

Keeping an Eye on me.jpg

George likes to hang out with me at times. He doesn't mind me chopping wood in the wood shed, but banging out a mortiise sometimes sets him off.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Since Jim let the cat out of the bag....

My shop is a hand tool shop in the basement, so Taz lays under the workbench or on top of the dryer. She isn't bothered by much. She goes bonkers for mineral oil, so she's banned when I'm finishing up a cutting board.
    She's 17 with inflammatory bowel disease and earlier this year went through a 10 day radiation therapy for a thyroid tumor.

Emmylou, our 2 year old cat, is too crazy and is not allowed in the shop.

Blog Entries
    Madison, our 90 pound black lab sleeps in our bedroom. If an intruder came in the house, they would have a surprise,
    She also goes with me on my morning walk.

Blog Entries
    Nathan, Taz looks like she could be related to our cat Turner:

Turner - Shop Cat .jpg

She used to get out to the shop, but now in her old age she doesn't venture much further than our front yard.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Nathan, Taz looks like she could be related to our cat Turner:

Turner - Shop Cat .jpg

She used to get out to the shop, but now in her old age she doesn't venture much further than our front yard.

jtk
    Definitely similar, though Taz is now 6 pounds due to the thyroid issue. Turner doesn't appear to be missing many meals.

Some Blue Tools
    Some Yellow Tools
    A Grizzly Collection
    ShapeokoXL
    Blue and White 50 Watt

Our 2 Boston mutts won't even go to the basement...however..
    shop cat.JPG
    Sir Campy has since decided my chair is more befitting of his 8 years..
    shop cat.jpg
    Tends to keep my chair warm for me, while I work in the shop...

Thanks guys, critters are one of the things that make life worth living.

ken

We did have a cat that was stone deaf. She made the best of it, loved being vacuumed.

Nothing Much better than a Good Shop Dog

There is nothing much better than a good shop dog. This one is gone as well. Miss her lots.

Ron

I lost my sweet black lab Ella on new years day last year. I’m still not quite over it. She loved being in the shop and eating sawdust when I wasn’t looking.

We adopted Annie in June of last year. The pic was taken on the day we picked her up. She had been spayed the day earlier. She’s not quite comfortable in the shop yet but getting there.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Brese View Post
    There is nothing much better than a good shop dog. This one is gone as well. Miss her lots.

Ron
    Ron,

I know the feeling. Labs are such wonderful dogs. A couple of months ago we had to put down Sam our big Yellow Lab. I still tear up when I think of him. Here he is on his last trip to the Oregon coast. The harness is to help him up the steps into the motorhome. Maggie is in the background.

samCapeLookouy.jpg

He spent a lot of time under my feet in the shop. His favorite place was in front of the sharpening bench.

ken