Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12.13.14

Today's date. 12.13.14
    Just thought I'd mention it.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Blog Entries
    It will be another century before we see a date like this again.

jtk
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 12-14-2014 at 12:01 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

And in military time at 3:16:17 it will be/was 12/13/14 15:16:17

I fail to understand the big deal about dates such as these. Apparently, wedding chapels are going crazy today with couples getting married today on this "special" date. I wouldn't have known this is supposed to be a special date had I not heard it on the radio this morning.

Isn't this at least the third "special" date this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    I fail to understand the big deal about dates such as these. Apparently, wedding chapels are going crazy today with couples getting married today on this "special" date.
    Makes perfect sense to me. If you get married on a "special date" you can remember what it is. I was married on 7/13, and that makes it easy to remember. The only way I can remember the year is that it was the year before my first son was born; otherwise I wouldn't have a clue.

My MIL had the good sense to give birth on 6/9; I can remember that one also.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    Makes perfect sense to me. If you get married on a "special date" you can remember what it is. I was married on 7/13, and that makes it easy to remember. The only way I can remember the year is that it was the year before my first son was born; otherwise I wouldn't have a clue.

My MIL had the good sense to give birth on 6/9; I can remember that one also.
    Heck yeah, and some of us need all the help we can get. I didn't intentionally get married the same year as 9/11, but it does help the memory.

Isn't today's date more significant than just having an easy to remember anniversary date for a lot of these couples? I would assume getting married today would be significantly more expensive because of the high demand to get married today. It doesn't make much sense to pay extra just for an easy to remember anniversary date.

My brother's wedding anniversary is 9/11, but he got married two years before the terrorist event. I'm sure he has no issues remembering his anniversary.

Blog Entries
    It doesn't make much sense to pay extra just for an easy to remember anniversary date.
    I don't think it cost any more but my wife and I tied the knot on January First. I am in big trouble if I forget that one.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    IApparently, wedding chapels are going crazy today with couples getting married today on this "special" date. I wouldn't have known this is supposed to be a special date had I not heard it on the radio this morning.
    It does make remembering to get the anniversary present easier.

10. My dad has a radio show most weekends and today he announced the time is 10:11 12/13/14.

I've done a lot of computer network based communication in my career. Today's date is 2014-12-13; there's nothing significant about that date.
    And there was trouble, taking place...

If you forget the date of your wedding is one thing , WAIT until you forget who you are marry to and call your spouse by another name

Blog Entries
    WAIT until you forget who you are marry to and call your spouse by another name
    Maybe that is why people call their mates dear, babe or honey.

jtk

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Maybe that is why people call their mates dear, babe or honey.

jtk
    Gotta be careful with that also.
    http://www.gocomics.com/arloandjanis...utable_1240544
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Today a child was born in Ohio at 10:11. So that is 10 11 12 13 14. YAY. Real easy to remember.
    Sometimes decisions from the heart are better than decisions from the brain.

Enjoy Life...