Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Divining rods, oy vey!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    Why do the rods always turn inwards, especially when holding only one rod? How do the rods know which hand they're being held in? Are there R/L rods?
    I was going to make the same observation... they either both tilt inwards, or both outwards. I don't believe I've ever seen someone do it where they both point in the same direction... at most, one stays forward while the other moves.

Watching that guy check for the hose... a simple blind test would be to blindfold him, and have him walk towards the hose placed at a random spot in the driveway. His rod seems to be very accurate, so he should have no problem doing that, and 10-15' worth of space should show whether or not he's fooling himself.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    (let's see your video clip proving you can do what you are accusing him of)
    It's uploading now...should be up in a few minutes

Here you go. My divining rod video. Take from it what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
    That does not prove anything..... I noticed you had the green clips on it and I am sure they have some time of cat detector in them.

Excellent video. I would like to nominate Marvin for a Tubey (or whatever the top acting award is for a You Tube video). Excellent job Marvin.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Huber View Post
    That does not prove anything..... I noticed you had the green clips on it and I am sure they have some time of cat detector in them.
    Oh my gosh, Bill! I was so fascinated by how the cat didn't do anything to give himself away that I completely failed to note the cat detector clips.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Clearly your cat had just drank water
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

John... Do you think you could make a divining rod that dowses for snake oil?

I was skeptical until you also showed it from the side.

ooooo .. creepy! Where do I send money?

After a really crappy day, that was just what I needed!

Cheers,

Chris
    Last edited by Chris Kennedy; 06-29-2011 at 7:44 PM. Reason: Removed embedded video
    If you only took one trip to the hardware store, you didn't do it right.

LOL, awesome!

What's funny is that I had a glass of water sitting on the floor next to me. If you look at around :50 you'll see me turn around and notice that the kitty cat happened to hop up on his "kitty condo" at just the right time. LOL. I had to quickly reconfigure it to dowse for kitty cats instead. It's OK as I are an engineer and was able to quickly reconfigure it for feline detection.

Unhappy

Near my place of work there's some railroad tracks getting rebuilt. Yesterday there was truck from a utility service locating company parked nearby, I asked where their forked sticks and bent metal rods were.

Man, some people have no sense of humor!

-Tom Stenzel

John that video is down right creepy. I think you should get on board with Chris Angel and start a new tv series. He could levitate and you could dose for kitty's. Come up with a catchy name "Cat freak" or "devine mind" I think you'd be rich.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

John, were any cats harmed in the production of this video?
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.