Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TrueTrac Saw

TrueTrac Saw

Does anyone have the TrueTrac Saw system? https://www.truetracsaw.com/

I have the EurekaZone system that I will have to replace when I run out of anti-chip guides.

I have been considering the Festool and Makita track saw systems too.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

Looks like the Kreg system. https://www.kregtool.com/store/c48/s...accu-cuttrade/

I have not used either.

The Kreg version (accu-cut XL) is $160 for 100” capacity. The TruTrak is $289. That’s a big difference for basically the same thing?

Scratch that, the Kreg is $140 on amazon. Hmm, might get one at that price.
    Last edited by Matt Day; 03-06-2020 at 8:25 PM.

Great point Rich. Hadn't thought about that on my Eureka system. I wonder if any of the other makes are close enough to function??
    earl

Looking at the eureka zone web site, looks like they are still selling the anti-chip strips. I have a very old Eureka zone track saw, but upgraded to Festool. Still use the Eureka for some things (like fibercement siding rips)

There is a anti chip tab you can click on, but it comes up blank. It appears they have none left.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

Rich,

I'm also a Eurekazone track user. I was smart (?) enough to buy a bunch of anti-chip edges (ACE's) last year, but I've been looking online for alternatives to the no-longer-available ACE's. I thought I'd found a site where someone was using plastic siding or a PVC board and using a saw to trim a groove along it to slide into the rail. Unfortunately, I can't find that website anymore.

I've also thought about making an EZ Smart Facebook group, so users can communicate, but not sure if that would work - or be useful.

The lack of an ACE seems like a silly reason to have to abandon a track system that still works. I'm still looking.

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Kortge; 03-07-2020 at 1:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Aldrich View Post
    Does anyone have the TrueTrac Saw system? https://www.truetracsaw.com/

I have the EurekaZone system that I will have to replace when I run out of anti-chip guides.

I have been considering the Festool and Makita track saw systems too.

That seems like a very expensive option compared to Kreg, etc. Honestly I'd either stick a cheap retrofit one, or just buy a system like Makita, Festool. Shop around and get a used one even.

An additional point to consider is, a Festool track saw will hold it's value and be very "sell-able" in the future, but that TrueTrac might become obscure enough to where it won't hold much resell value.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Kortge View Post
    Rich,

I'm also a Eurekazone track user. I was smart (?) enough to buy a bunch of anti-chip edges (ACE's) last year, but I've been looking online for alternatives to the no-longer-available ACE's. I thought I'd found a site where someone was using plastic siding or a PVC board and using a saw to trim a groove along it to slide into the rail. Unfortunately, I can't find that website anymore.
    I saw this also. I printed it out since I too have a Eurekazone tracksaw. I am willing to share the website if you message me.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 03-07-2020 at 5:08 PM. Reason: fixed quote tagging
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    I am willing to share the website if you message me.
    George, I actually just stumbled upon the link

https://www.routerforums.com/tools-w.../topics/141261

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart Lang View Post
    That seems like a very expensive option compared to Kreg, etc. Honestly I'd either stick a cheap retrofit one, or just buy a system like Makita, Festool. Shop around and get a used one even.

An additional point to consider is, a Festool track saw will hold it's value and be very "sell-able" in the future, but that TrueTrac might become obscure enough to where it won't hold much resell value.
    Kreg reviews haven't been stellar. Due ti getting stuck with this system, I agree it is worth getting a Makita or Festool.

Apologies to the OP to deviate slightly from your original post, but are the ACE's for EurekaZone tracks no longer available?
    I ask because I have two guide rails I haven't used in years, as I switched to Festool. I have thought about re-purposing them to use as a back fence on a shaper and a tall fence for for my band saw, but have always hesitated due to future usefulness. If they're no longer going to be made,I have some nice aluminum extrusion to play around with.

I switched to the Festool for the increase in depth of cut. You lose about 3/4" of blade depth due to the rails and baseplate of the EZ system. With Festool it is less than a 1/4". I'm sure the Makita is the same.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Eurekazone went out of business December, 2019. Their website is still live, which can be confusing, but if you try to order anything you'll find that their products are no longer available.

Ken

Thank you.
    I now have some aluminum extrusion to play with, without guilt.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Thanks for the input. I saw the post in another forum that Eurekazone will be starting up after relocating. My anti chip strips should last until they start up again or until we see they don't start up. Then its time to move on.