Thread: Building Your Own And Improving Upon The Oneida Dust Sentry Bin Level Sensor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Why not use an air hose coupling between the bin and the lid/cyclone end?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Wright View Post
    Why not use an air hose coupling between the bin and the lid/cyclone end?
    Could do that, but how would that be any different than going between the bin and the dust collection inlet?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

As I understand this, the problem is the length of the hose (equalization hose?) keeping you from rolling the bin outside to empty it because one side is attached to the bin and the other is attached to the cyclone.

Simply install the male end of the coupler on the lower side of the bin and the female end on the hose. When you need to empty the bin, disconnect the hose, remove/raise the lid and roll the bin out. After emptying role the bin in, attach the lid and connect the hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Wright View Post
    As I understand this, the problem is the length of the hose (equalization hose?) keeping you from rolling the bin outside to empty it because one side is attached to the bin and the other is attached to the cyclone.

Simply install the male end of the coupler on the lower side of the bin and the female end on the hose. When you need to empty the bin, disconnect the hose, remove/raise the lid and roll the bin out. After emptying role the bin in, attach the lid and connect the hose.
    Okay, I think I get what youre saying now. Yea I had mentioned Id need to setup some sort of quick disconnect for my particular setup in post #47, just hadnt looked up a specific way of doing it. But yes, having it able to be quickly disconnected and reconnected would solve my issue of needing to roll my bin to the trash can outside yet still being able to use the bleed/equalization/etc line.

I ordered my parts off ebay and was reading the Oneida installation manual where they talk about a rubber gasket. What's everyone using for that? I'm a little paranoid about having leaks in my new drum. I'm going to run to the hardware store in the morning and see what they have.

BTW, thanks for creating this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Fatzinger View Post
    I ordered my parts off ebay and was reading the Oneida installation manual where they talk about a rubber gasket. What's everyone using for that? I'm a little paranoid about having leaks in my new drum. I'm going to run to the hardware store in the morning and see what they have.

BTW, thanks for creating this thread!
    I called Oneida on that and spoke to a technical customer service rep and she said not to worry about it. Just cut the hole as close to the thread size of the sensor as possible and scilicone the heavy out of both sides. She said that was much better than using the rubber washer anyway.