Thread: Craigs list seach not working

Craigs list seach not working

I use firefox and several months ago craigs list stopped me from being able to hide or flag posts. Now I can not switch to another search area. What i mean is I have it set so the homepage is "tools" if I click to search say "materials" it flashes for am fraction then shows "tools" again.
    I have to use Chrome to search craigslist and I do not know how long that will last. It does work correctly under chrome but I hate chrome because it can only have one window open at a time and there is no way to hide a window.
    All the results I could find about "craigs list blocked me" were people who wanted to post and could not. I have never listed anything for sale on craigs list, just bought stuff.
    Bill D.
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 06-04-2020 at 10:33 AM.

You are not using chrome correctly. Chrome uses tabs, so at the very top there should be a + which will open a new “window” (called a tab).

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    You are not using chrome correctly. Chrome uses tabs, so at the very top there should be a + which will open a new “window” (called a tab).

I can open a new tab, which covers over the old tab, but i see no way to reduce it so I can go back and see the old tab. The only way I can get back to the original tab is to x out the new tab losing any information I might need.
    Bill D

I just tried firefox with CL and it seems to work fine for me. You might try whitelisting the site. Options>>Privacy and Security>>Cookies and site data>>manage permissions. Enter craiglist.org in the box, click allow, and then save changes.

Before you do that, you could select manage data instead of manage permissions and remove and cookies from craigslist.org. If you do that, it will forget any settings on the site and you'll be starting fresh for the site.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

I am using an apple computer if that makes any difference.
    Bil lD
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 06-04-2020 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    I am using an apple computer if that makes any difference.
    Bil lD
    Bill, with an Apple computer use Safari. That is all I’m using and haven’t had any issues.
    Some Blue Tools
    Some Yellow Tools
    A Grizzly Collection
    ShapeokoXL
    Blue and White 50 Watt

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Hussey View Post
    Bill, with an Apple computer use Safari. That is all I’m using and haven’t had any issues.
    I have to say that I don't necessarily agree with this and use Chrome on MacOS because it works better, including across platforms. Some sites really struggle with Safari. (and yes I'm on the latest versions of everything all the time)

----

Bill, Like Paul, I just checked and have no issues with search on CL from Chrome on MacOS, including manipulating separate tabs/windows which I do constantly.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I don't think web designers give much consideration to working with Safari unless it is on an iPad or iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    I don't think web designers give much consideration to working with Safari unless it is on an iPad or iPhone.
    Even there I use Chrome...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

For my school district I have to use firefox for the special education forms to write IEP's. It makes sense to stay with firefox for everything else as well. I do not think Safari is allowed on the school network.
    Rumor was they were going to replace the student laptops with chrome books this fall. I bet that budget was blown on buying a laptop for every elementary and jr. High student for the duration. The student laptops batteries now last about 3-4 hours of run time which is usually enough since not all teachers use them all period. Of course there is always at least one student every period who forgot to charge that night.
    Bil lD