Thread: Kitchissippi vs. Adirondeck Chair

Lightbulb Kitchissippi vs. Adirondeck Chair

Has anyone build a Kitchissippi chair based on the Veritas plan? If so, did you find it to be more or less comfortable than a traditional Adirondack chair? Any and all insights are most appreciated!

Many thanks!

DN

PS: Here is the link to the Veritas plan: https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop...n?item=05L3001

As an owner of two traditional Adirondack chairs I would recommend the higher seat in the Kississippi design. I would also modify the "feet" to avoid endgrain directly on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    As an owner of two traditional Adirondack chairs I would recommend the higher seat in the Kississippi design. I would also modify the "feet" to avoid endgrain directly on the ground.
    Good points, Jim! Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Davor Novosel View Post
    Has anyone build a Kitchissippi chair based on the Veritas plan?
    Thanks for posting your question Davor. I had not heard of the LV plan. I do like it better than an Adirondack.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

The Adirondack chair plan from Lee Valley had two sizes. Smaller people have a hard time getting out of the full size chair. I build 4 Adirondacks 30 years ago, still going strong, in white cedar and brass screws. The arms are large, you can fit a drink and a three course meal on them.
    The Kitchissippi looks easier to get out of but not as relaxing to sit in. There was an optional foot rest for the Adirondack which really meant you weren’t getting up anytime soon. Dozing in the Adirondack is easy.

So if you are the person that waits on everyone jumping up and down all the time you need the Kitchissippi, if you are the person being waited on you need the Adirondack!
    ​You can do a lot with very little! You can do a little more with a lot!