Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Festool Dust Extractor Question

Randy, would they fit but just not fill the entire space?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Heinemann View Post
    They don't seem to be listed for the CT48 so I'm guessing they only make them for the more commonly purchased CT's and there isn't as much volume being sold for that CT. I'll keep looking, though, because that would be a good price.
    I see a box down the page to click for the CT48 on Dan's link. More expensive naturally, $49.99

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gibney View Post
    $3.60 per bag is cheap compared with the Festool original.
    One weekend my Festool vac was full. I was due at a client's place. There was nowhere to buy new bags. The only solution was to empty the bag thru the "intake port". Poked at the dust with a stick for five minutes over a dumpster...
    In fact there is another - and easier - solution.
    You can open the rear of the bag along the glued seam. Easy to empty and easy to re-seal. I get at least three uses out of a bag, and no perceptible drop in performance.

Anybody have experience with the Flex HEPA vacs? They are on sale for the holidays and are much cheaper than FT.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    Anybody have experience with the Flex HEPA vacs? They are on sale for the holidays and are much cheaper than FT.
    Not directly but, it's a nilfisk made tool so it'll be just fine. The guys I know that picked them up for $180 are absolutely chuffed with them on first examination. For that price, how can you go wrong ?

Even for half the price of a Festool CT , they are still a good value.

Can't you buy bags for the PC Vac? I think I had a PC Vac in the past and used bags. The filter stays in place and bag spreads out around the filter. I think I even bought some HEPA bags for it. In the old old days I just used the filter and that was a hassle to clean. Eventually I discovered I could use bags. What a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Grier View Post
    Can't you buy bags for the PC Vac? I think I had a PC Vac in the past and used bags. The filter stays in place and bag spreads out around the filter. I think I even bought some HEPA bags for it. In the old old days I just used the filter and that was a hassle to clean. Eventually I discovered I could use bags. What a difference.

Yes you can;

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004Y76O..._t2_B01N4EL0UM for model 7812

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000224OQ..._t3_B00004Y76O for model 7810
    Last edited by John Lanciani; 12-09-2019 at 12:02 PM.

So, it's embarrassing to admit, but I've been using the PC shopvac for years without bags because I actually didn't know they were available, and put up with periodically cleaning out the filter..but having read the earlier posts about the Festool bags I wondered if there were some for the PC, and have ordered them...I'll see how the PC performs with the bags in place...I suspect its still far fewer CFMs than the Festool, but may be adequate. Thanks for all the comments!!
    Izzy

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Manning View Post
    In fact there is another - and easier - solution.
    You can open the rear of the bag along the glued seam. Easy to empty and easy to re-seal. I get at least three uses out of a bag, and no perceptible drop in performance.

I've done that several times. - After vacuming up something I needed by mistake. (Admit it, you've done it too!)

But man, is that messy. Normally I'd rather just change the bag.
    I'm SO glad I saw this thread. I just ordered a bunch of those Powertec bags off Ebay. What a great price.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy Charo View Post
    So, it's embarrassing to admit, but I've been using the PC shopvac for years without bags because I actually didn't know they were available, and put up with periodically cleaning out the filter..but having read the earlier posts about the Festool bags I wondered if there were some for the PC, and have ordered them...I'll see how the PC performs with the bags in place...I suspect its still far fewer CFMs than the Festool, but may be adequate. Thanks for all the comments!!
    Izzy
    If you’ve been using it without bags, do yourself a favor and replace filter as well so you’re starting fresh. I have both a 20+ year old PC 7810 and a 5 yr old Fein turbo 2 and they are roughly equivalent in suction when they both have fresh bags and filters.