Thread: Buck Brothers Bent Shank Paring Chisels

Buck Brothers Bent Shank Paring Chisels

Jim Bode has a mint set of Buck Brothers paring chisels. If someone is looking for a set of lifetime paring chisels I expect these could be the ones. At $50 USD a chisel, if I needed more chisels they would already be mine in fact I hope they sell quickly because the urge to whip out the AmEx is strong.

BTW, we had a recent post about Narex cranked neck paring chisels for about half the price as being a good deal and maybe they are to some folks but with thick short blades and clunky handles vs. the Buck Brothers' chisels I know which ones I think would be a good deal.

ken

Saw those.....would like to have 3 or 4 of them. Don't think I can justify a dozen.

I have a set I bought used. I haven't used them a lot but they are nice.

Ken Martin

Very tempting, but I don't think I'd ever use them. He has a number of other tempting goodies too.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Good news, when I tried to add the chisels to my cart they had been sold. Saved by the kindness of strangers.

ken

I just ran across this thread and chuckled. I picked up a Buck Brothers 1/2” cranked neck paring chisel last month and have been using it constantly. It’s a game changer. I wish I would have grabbed this set!
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    I just ran across this thread and chuckled. I picked up a Buck Brothers 1/2” cranked neck paring chisel last month and have been using it constantly. It’s a game changer. I wish I would have grabbed this set!
    Rob,

While I have Japanese cranked neck chisels and use them often, one of my most used chisels is a 1/2" cranked neck Woodriver beater. It never leaves the bench and is sharpened almost daily because about the only thing it isn't used for is opening paint cans.

ken