Thread: Married Life

Married Life

Well, after a 12 year engagement, my wife and I finally made it official on 9/18. We had a small backyard ceremony and barbecue on a gorgeous afternoon.
    Our original honeymoon plan was to go to Maine, but we weren't sure what travel would be like, so we've kicked that down the road. Instead, we spent a couple nights on Lake Superior in Duluth.
    We managed to hit a couple antique stores around Duluth, then a few more in Western Wisconsin as we meandered home. It was a fun little rust hunt, and the following goodies ended up coming home with me.

Stanley 5 1/4
    Craftsman 30BB (Miller's Falls)
    Stanley 151 (sweetheart)
    Stanley 45
    And a groovy old tool box

Got the married life started out on the right foot, I think.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations!! On both the marriage and the rust hunt. Those panes are a good omen.

Thank you, Scott.

And to anyone else....the 45 seems to be maybe a type 11 or 12? Is that right? My google-fu is struggling on 45 dating.

Blog Entries
    Looks like a nice haul. Hopefully your bride found a few things also. This has been my secret to getting Candy to let me buy things. If she didn't get to buy the crazy things she loves, then you can bet much of my rusty treasure would have been left where it was found.

Not sure on the type of the #45, especially without seeing the other side. Another consideration is type studies from different sources do not always agree. The type study in John Walter's book make yours at least a type 12 (1915-1920) with a rib above the blade holder, a bolt holding the knob and fine adjuster on the fence.

There is another book around here somewhere with different dates and type #s for the changes.

When it comes right down to reality, with the adjustable fence having a bolt locking against the front rod that is the high point in the type progression of the #45.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Looks like a nice haul. Hopefully your bride found a few things also. This has been my secret to getting Candy to let me buy things. If she didn't get to buy the crazy things she loves, then you can bet much of my rusty treasure would have been left where it was found.

Not sure on the type of the #45, especially without seeing the other side. Another consideration is type studies from different sources do not always agree. The type study in John Walter's book make yours at least a type 12 (1915-1920) with a rib above the blade holder, a bolt holding the knob and fine adjuster on the fence.

There is another book around here somewhere with different dates and type #s for the changes.

When it comes right down to reality, with the adjustable fence having a bolt locking against the front rod that is the high point in the type progression of the #45.

jtk
    Yes, the bride found her treasures.

Congrats. Just don’t forget it goes both ways so I hope your wife got something too. Remember Happy wife - Happy life.

Congrats. Duluth is a fun place.

Congratulations