Thread: Drum Sander Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Seltzer View Post
    I have been on the fence for some time on a drum sander. I have $750 of accumulated gift cards from Woodcraft so I guess they are getting the order and I understand the price on the 19-38 is going up $300 +/- at the end of the month. Think I will place an order and pay this week and let my kids take delivery after i die! (Actually, I think they are saying August).
    yeppers...the delivery of my 25-50 has been delayed yet again. Originally was supposed to be August and had drifted back to December. Yesterday, got a voicemail saying it'll ship end of January. Probably need to call them back to see if that is a firm ship date or just the latest slip of the schedule. At least I bought before two prices increases.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Stankus View Post
    yeppers...the delivery of my 25-50 has been delayed yet again. Originally was supposed to be August and had drifted back to December. Yesterday, got a voicemail saying it'll ship end of January. Probably need to call them back to see if that is a firm ship date or just the latest slip of the schedule. At least I bought before two prices increases.

John
    Yes sir, the price increases have been crazy. I paid $2699 in summer 2020 for my 25x2, and now it's $3999.

I thought Max sanders went out of busniess around 1980. Are they any relation to supermax?
    Bill D

7 months and 7 days. (If I did the math right) from ordering(and paying) to picking the 25-50 up this morning.

Assembled the base and will try to figure out how to mount the unit after lunch. (More moving the weight around is the challenge)

John