Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I keep getting phone calls from a female voice from Microsoft

Blog Entries

I keep getting phone calls from a female voice from Microsoft

Is this a racket or what? Does anyone know?

It's a racket. Microsoft will never cold-call you. They only way they will call you is if you contact them and open a support ticket.

I've gotten these calls before, too. It's a total scam. Just hang up.

Tell them you have an Apple computer, so your Microsoft licensee can't be expired. If they need a physical address, tell them it's across the Potomac River, using Second street bridge. Go thru the gates, turn left, and it will be the large white house on top of the hill.

If the number is not in my Contacts list, the call doesn't get answered.

Lets just hope none of your family is in an accident! How would you know if a stranger tried to notify you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    If the number is not in my Contacts list, the call doesn't get answered.

Everything you think might be a racket, is a racket. Your info must have gotten on the dark web because it seems like you’re always being harassed in one way or another.

Blog Entries
    I hung up immediately.

I'm starting to feel left out. I haven't gotten a spam/racket call for months. Sometimes a wrong number.

JKJ

We didn't get any for a while but the last week we've averaged 4 before noon. My wife has been sleeping in so I have had the phone off the hook until 10:00 a.m.

You have been showering haven't you John?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    Lets just hope none of your family is in an accident! How would you know if a stranger tried to notify you?
    Chances approach zero for that, since how would a stranger know to call me if they weren't looking at that family member's phone, and my contact list is large enough that someone on that list would most likely call. My Wife takes calls, and doesn't get all the useless calls, like I do. If you were paying dollars per minute for someone's time, how much of that time would you want them talking on the phone for no good reason? I made the mistake of putting my phone number on my website, years ago, and get a couple of dozen calls a day for free advice-since changed, but once it's out there, it's out there.
    Last edited by Tom M King; 09-14-2019 at 8:36 AM.

There is a lot of that going around. Before I joined the do not call list I was getting 4 or 5 calls from Marriott Hotels a day with some kind of promotional junk. I finally contacted their customer service department to ask them to quit and they said it wasn't coming from them. They said they were trying to stop it but it was coming from overseas somewhere.

I just leave my phone off until I need it. Charge the battery twice a year whether it needs it or not. These ball and chains have no place in my world.
    Life's too short to use old sandpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Glenn View Post
    I just leave my phone off until I need it. Charge the battery twice a year whether it needs it or not. These ball and chains have no place in my world.
    I'm not that lucky, I have a business and have to answer all calls regardless if I know the people or not.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    Is this a racket or what? Does anyone know?
    Is it a robocall or a live person? If a live person tell them “Lowell” died yesterday- you are his brother and are just taking care of funeral arrangements. Works great!