Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Forrest sharpening service

Question about Forrest sharpening service

I recently acquired a Forrest dado set and WWII and thought I might send them off to Forrest for sharpening.

They are in semi rough condition and I thought if any repair are needed better for Forrest to do them.

I use a local sharpening service that has always done a good job for me, but after looking at the pic of "us" vs. "them" I'm wondering if Forrest is that much better I should bypass my local service?

Neither, send them out to a specialty sharpener like Dynamic Saw. Cheaper than Forrest and same quality.

I mailed my WWII back to Forrest last year for sharpening. Blade came back looking like new.

Took about 10 days total time, from me shipping it to putting it back on my saw.

I'd do it again.

+1 for Dynamic Saw. I sent my WWII to them and got it back with quickly, with great results, and at an affordable price.

I've heard "Dynamic" tossed around before and a few others that escape me. There is one outfit here in Central TX that all my shops seem to use. Forrest is surely fine as well. I think you can either sharpen a blade or you can't. If that's their main business channel, it's probably fine.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

I've always been pleased with Forrest's sharpening service over the years, so they are certainly worthy of consideration. There are, of course, other very good sharpening services as has already been noted.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I send my Forrest blades back to Forrest. I had one come back with lots of broken teeth due to rough Ups handling. They send a new blade and a shipping label for the damaged one.
    Good Luck
    Aj

Had my WWII sharpened by Forrest recently, came back with runout. They said they don't check for this, wanted me to send it back for extra cost repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I've always been pleased with Forrest's sharpening service over the years, so they are certainly worthy of consideration. There are, of course, other very good sharpening services as has already been noted.
    +1. Agree with Jim.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Forrest's sharpening is OVER, as in over rated, and over priced. Forrest is a sharpening company who sell blades to generate business, IMHO Burned once by Forrest, but never a second time.

I'm a huge fan of Forrest sharpening. I had a Freud stack dado set ruined by a local service. Chippers came back all different diameters so I got a sawtooth bottom surface.

What kind of a price difference are we talkin for companies other than Forrest? Whats the price to have Dynamic sharpen and how much is Forrest charging these days? I want to know some actual numbers.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

+1 on Dynamic - great results and service

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    What kind of a price difference are we talkin for companies other than Forrest? Whats the price to have Dynamic sharpen and how much is Forrest charging these days? I want to know some actual numbers.
    https://www.forrestblades.com/forres...de-sharpening/

http://dynamicsaw.com/sawblades.html

Is your google broken? Dynamic is less than half the cost. 10” 40t at Dynamic is $9.50, same at Forrest is $25.

Connecticut Saw and Tool. Excellent, fast, and fair priced.