Thread: Epilog Helix 35 purchase?

Epilog Helix 35 purchase?

My Epilog Radius is still chugging along fine, but is running on a 20 year old Synrad 25w tube.

I found a local Epilog Helix 35W, (~2007?) add says the tube needs to be replaced or recharged. They are asking $2000 or best offer.
    Looks like they dont have anything hooked up. so not even sure what I can check out when I go to purchase/offer.

Is there a test run that can be done to check out the X-Y travel, even though the laser tube is kaput.
    Will the Helix run a file from a thumb drive in the usb port?

Any idea what size tubes would work with the power supply (and fans) of the 35W Helix? Since the 35w tube needs service, I would not mind upgrading to a 40, 45 or even 50w

I did talk to Epilog, they said it is still a supported machine.

Any words of wisdom?
    I am very electronic and mechanical capable,, but not familiar with the Helix

Thanks,
    Nick
    Last edited by Nick Andraka; 03-01-2023 at 1:26 PM.

Also,
    Any idea what the differences are between the "pre 2010" and post 2010 Helix machines ?

If you have Helix drivers and firmware loaded you should be able to check the machine using a usb cable on your pc. With that you can check the x-y motion even if the tube is shot,

You can download drivers from the Epilog web site.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks,
    I am passing on it for now,, the seller is not providing good answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    If you have Helix drivers and firmware loaded you should be able to check the machine using a usb cable on your pc. With that you can check the x-y motion even if the tube is shot,

You can download drivers from the Epilog web site.