Thread: New Hermes Vanguard 3000lt seems to be slipping somewhere on y+x axis

New Hermes Vanguard 3000lt seems to be slipping somewhere on y+x axis

so i think i have narrowed it down to either the coupler or the leadscrew nut but i marked the coupler and thrust bearing housing... ran a long job and when i returned to home positions each coupler was 1/4 off mark. how do i tell if its the coupler or the leadscrew nut? also i checked the lead screw with a combo square blade and didnt find any bends...

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan ritterbeck View Post
    so i think i have narrowed it down to either the coupler or the leadscrew nut but i marked the coupler and thrust bearing housing... ran a long job and when i returned to home positions each coupler was 1/4 off mark. how do i tell if its the coupler or the leadscrew nut? also i checked the lead screw with a combo square blade and didnt find any bends...
    Get a metric allen wrench set, loosen then line up the flats on the motor and the other shaft and tighten down. It very well could have turned more than a 1/4 turn. Why your at it, check all the couplers and screws.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Get a metric allen wrench set, loosen then line up the flats on the motor and the other shaft and tighten down. It very well could have turned more than a 1/4 turn. Why your at it, check all the couplers and screws.
    Hey sorry sir im still figuring out this fourm thing… seems like it’s navigation is easier on. Desktop rather on mobile…. Got missing steps figured out i checked all couplers and motors… marked everything and ran a few jobs… my marks were off 1/4 max when returning to home but it still engraved same line everytime… i was told to find someone to break it down and give it a good cleaning so now im after finding someone to do that or a good tutorial on it… also do you know if new hermes ep will read Gcode? Looking at the 2L pro software