Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know who has N95 resperators in stock?

We have 1 PAPR for the anesthesia department that we are using to intubate patients, and so far, barely enough N95 to get by - with us re-using them. We do double mask with a normal OR mask outside the N95 mask to prevent them from getting soiled. And it's not the easiest thing in the world to put on two different types of OR masks, on top of glasses, and hearing aids, and finally a face shield, gown, double gloves. But we're not whining. As we've always said, it's better to be vertical than horizontal in the OR.

The OR patients who are Covid-19 positive and don't know it are the ones presently worrying us. Our procedures are evolving on a daily basis as we learn more, and McGyver the best we can. And we are not getting bombarded like the NYC area is. We all know it will get much worse, very soon. Fortunately, I work with a very talented, dedicated staff.

That Stanford article linked above is extremely important regarding how to re-sterilize or more importantly how not to. Alcohol kills these masks. Do not use that. It reduces filtration efficiency very significantly.

We will be switching over to UV light to re-sterilize ours. But the oven at 70C for 30 minutes looks very doable, and appears to not appreciably degrade mask filtration efficiency, as Alan noted above.
    Last edited by Alan Lightstone; 04-01-2020 at 11:36 PM.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence Martinn View Post
    Check all over, can't find any. Anyone know who has them still in stock ?
    Masks or respirators? Our local farm store just got in a shipment of cartridge type respirators, the type I use in the shop and around the farm although they are not the 3M brand, my preferred. They have N95 and better, P100. Maybe check a farm store near you? BTW, where is near you?

JKJ

I use the P100 filters with organic vapor cartridges for finishing. If I need to wear one at the grocery store I will.
    Seems kinda over kill. Their not cheap 27 dollars for two cartridges.
    No sign of the virus are here yet.
    Good Luck everyone
    Aj

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Curtis View Post
    At the hospital us first line responders are fitted with the 3m 6000 series mask. Same as I have in the shop.
    Do they do any maintenance on the masks/filters?

I'd think the p100 dust masks would be a good choice to help filter inhalations, but thought the exhalation valves would be a problem at hospitals.
    The pink 3M filters sure look good at a grocery store, though.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence Martinn View Post
    Check all over, can't find any. Anyone know who has them still in stock ?

No more N95 respirators to be had. You can get some N95 face masks (while they last) on Ebay here.
    I've seen better pricing at some of the other Ebay listings.
    David

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-Respirators-Mask-Masks-US-Stock-Lot-Of-3/164146927713?hash=item2637eb5861:m:mPFdBBue2GEzjRW GBKZ-sGA

3M N95.jpg

Just read that Home Depot is donating all its stock to the medical community. Kind of surprised they had anything to donate. Our local HD has been out of masks of any kind for over a month.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hughes View Post
    I use the P100 filters with organic vapor cartridges for finishing. If I need to wear one at the grocery store I will.
    Good Luck everyone
    Where exactly do you live in SoCal? Cali has almost 10,000 cases.

Good Luck everyone
    Wearing tese in public is not necessary. Your eyes need protecion as well. Just wash you hands all the time and STAY HOME!!!!
    You should not be in public anyways. It is kind of frustrating to hear about people going to the store multiple times a day. It is like they can't make a grocery list.

Blog Entries
    Donate to law enforcement also, they have a lot of potential exposure scenarios and cannot avoid dealing with the public.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Most of my new box of 20 were donated to my pulmonologist last week. I kept 4 just in case. The staff were very thankful. I was surprised to see that the front desk staff wearing them. Made me think that I should have taken them to the hospital instead.

Brian's statement is spot on. Infections in the New York PD are quite high.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

Quote Originally Posted by Brice Rogers View Post
    If you are willing to pay about $10 each or more, check out Amazon or Ebay (Buy it now). There are some from US stocks. Some are selling 1, 10 or as many as 500 (for about $4K). Many are touting quick delivery.

So, there is some availability if you really need it.

But...buyer beware.
    On Amazon they are for 5/30 delivery; if they are on time. Ebay, who knows...

Good Luck everyone
    I am going to the supermarket for the first time in a week. Thought I would have to wear my Cartridge Respirator, but I found some surgical masks I bought 10 years ago at a garage sale. The batteries on my Trend Airshield is about worn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    Where exactly do you live in SoCal? Cali has almost 10,000 cases.
    Given the lack of tests, we probably have a lot more than that. Wasn't too long ago, last week?, two?, you could only get tested if it would change the care you'd get. It's gotten better, but they are still relying on symptoms and "problematic" contacts to authorize tests up here. Hopefully, as they get more tests & testing capacity, we'll get to a point we can start catching asymptomatic cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    Just read that Home Depot is donating all its stock to the medical community. Kind of surprised they had anything to donate. Our local HD has been out of masks of any kind for over a month.
    HD probably has contracts with standing orders to cover turnover. "Donating" may have been no more than saying send our allocation to hospitals until you catch up with their backlog. (Still generous! Just doesn't require them finding boxes of masks on the shelves at their box stores.)

There's plenty in China.

Law enforcement in New Jersey just confiscated about 200,000 from a guy who was hoarding them to resell at a profit. What an !

They were donated to local hospitals, etc. along with rubber gloves, sanitizer, surgical gowns, etc. the guy had.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 04-03-2020 at 9:01 AM.