Thread: Inch to metric couple for dust collection hose for festool stuff

Inch to metric couple for dust collection hose for festool stuff

I have a dust collection hose I use on my ROS. I have a thread on adapter that take it down to the right push on size for the sander. When I remove this adapter and screw this inch hose on the rubber festool adapter, it barely goes on and falls loose often(metric!). I expect this is a common problem. I'm too cheap to buy the Festool hose. Anyone know of a source for a adapter to goe from inch to metric for this set up? I looked at big box stores for a rubber reducing coupling and could not find a size that works.

Thanks.

Brian
    Brian

IDK if anyone supplies inch/metric adapters. I've 3D printed several for my shop though

I found these. The quick disconnect should fit my 1-1/4" hose. The festool has a 27mm outlet, so the 1" should stretch over it and my ROS has a 13/16" outlet so the 3/4" should stretch over it. and I get two extra if there's something else? Thanks Brian

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Cen-Tec-...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Brian

The collar for those “should” fit a 1.25 hose but I don’t know. Centec sells those with a nice long hose for around $45 so you might look into that if it doesn’t fit your hose.

The rubber ends definitely fit sanders from festool, Bosch, DeWalt, Makita and porter cable - mine anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Runau View Post
    The festool has a 27mm outlet, so the 1" should stretch over it
    1" is about 25mm. Stretching 2mm might be asking too much. I use the Rockler DustRite setup to service non-Festool items from my Festool extractor. One fitting will actually go over the standard Festool hose end and the standard vac port end fits the Festool extractor if I remove the Festool hose and insert the Rockler setup instead.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    1" is about 25mm. Stretching 2mm might be asking too much. I use the Rockler DustRite setup to service non-Festool items from my Festool extractor. One fitting will actually go over the standard Festool hose end and the standard vac port end fits the Festool extractor if I remove the Festool hose and insert the Rockler setup instead.
    I will let you know. Brian

I actually got to test this out the other day as "Santa" brought me a small Mirka hand sander with a (really small) dust collection port. It uses Abranet abrasives, so collection is important. The Rockler DustRite setup allowed me to hook it up to my CT-22 with no effort. The Rockler hose is heavy, but very flexible and it actually connects. White I rarely use either, this setup should also be helpful to me for my Bosch belt sander and the Freud biscuit joiner which both have small ports.
    --

https://www.infinitytools.com/quick-...-flex-adaptors
    I saw this set in FWW a few months ago. Once moved I’m going to go for the set.

I had a hard time getting a fernco to slip onto a cast iron sewer pipe down in a muddy trench. One end onto pvc was fine the other end was tight. So it used a cherne ball to inflate one end for 15-20 minutes then quickly slipped it on. Worked great but in under minute it was too tight to move.
    A muffle r pipe expander might be a good size for vac hoses?
    Bill D

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Jim:

Slipped over the exhaust port on the domino just fine. Too long to store in the on position in the case, but shouldn't be a problem. I like these. Put the adapter on my hose, now I have quick disconnect for my ROS and Domino. Thanks. Brian
    Brian

Yea, they seemed like silly little things when I first saw them in the store, but I ended up walking out with them and have put them to occasional use. (one of the dangers of visiting a brick and mortar store like Rockler is that you can't go in and then come out empty handed. LOL)
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Frederick View Post
    https://www.infinitytools.com/quick-...-flex-adaptors
    I saw this set in FWW a few months ago. Once moved I’m going to go for the set.

that’s just the cen-tec hose being discussed above (with an Infinity markup added )

You can make your own adapter with a cheap pvc fitting and a heat gun. Lots of YouTube videos that show you how.