Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jessem's New Pow R Tek Router w/ Speed Control Box (05200)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    Now, if somebody would package the speed control with the on/off switch in a nice little box...oh wait, maybe that's what Jessem did.
    They did, but they didnt do it with the PC 7518. No one seems knows how good that new router motor they are using is. It just hasnt been out that long.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

I installed the Super PID controller on my router table which has the 7518. It's similar to the Jessem product - but clearly DIY vs this looks like a great out of the box solution. I enjoyed building it / but does require some electrical knowledge:

http://www.vhipe.com/product-private/SuperPID-Home.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Eshleman View Post
    It is possible to make a set up for a PC 7518 that is similar to the Jessem speed control box by using a Super PID to control the router's speed. I have been doing that with a PC 7519 for several years with accurate speed control. Here is what my set up looks like.

Attachment 362332Attachment 362333

Here is a link for more info on the Super PID: http://www.vhipe.com/product-private/SuperPID-Home.htm
    That is pretty cool. I had not seen that before.

4. This ticks me off they started making this. I paid $425 for the PC 7518 and the speed control has failed twice now. I wish this was around when I purchased the PC.

Jessem use to make a version called the Rout-R-Table Motor that used a converted Milwaukee 5625 motor.

It can be seen in a old Jessem Brochure.

Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bringing this old thread back up to see if anyone has purchased one of these re-designed Jessem Pow-R-Tek™ router/controllers?

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Walls View Post
    Bringing this old thread back up to see if anyone has purchased one of these re-designed Jessem Pow-R-Tek™ router/controllers?

Doug
    Ive read of a few people around the net that have them and have liked them so far, but the thing that always concerns me with any new product like this is the lack of a proven track record. Jessem makes good stuff, but they dont MAKE this router motor, and since we dont really know who does and what kind of track record it has, Im hesitant to replace my tried and true PC 7518 with one of these.

Agree with Ben, no track record. I'll add the following, based on my own research:

There's an Incra tech named Mark (Mueller?) who I've had several email exchanges with, and who I tend to trust. He's a woodworker himself, and has never steered me wrong. Incra sells this router, so I sent Mark a couple of questions. I use a Muscle Chuck on my PC 7518, and asked him if, by chance, that same chuck would work on the Jessem router. I pretty much knew the answer would be no. Second, I asked him if he, personally, had used the Jessem router and if so, how did it compare to the PC 7518?

He quickly answered that he didn't have the taper specs for the chuck/collet on the Jessem, and that it would be dangerous to assume they were the same. Good answer.

The second question went unanswered. I can't be sure why, and I didn't press him on it, but I think it's possible that since Incra sells it he won't say anything bad about it. Total speculation on my part but there it is.

My 7518 is still, pretty much, fine but if it throws craps I'll revisit the Jessem system. Maybe by then we'll know more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    Jessem makes good stuff, but they dont MAKE this router motor
    The first one they offered the "Rout-R-Table Motor" was clearly stated that it was a joint product of Jessem & Milwaukee! I believe it was originally made in Canada, But now I'm pretty sure it's made elsewhere!

we don't really know who does and what kind of track record it has
    That's what has me a little concerned also!

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    My 7518 is still, pretty much, fine but if it throws craps I'll revisit the Jessem system. Maybe by then we'll know more.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Eshleman View Post
    using a Super PID to control the router's speed. I have been doing that with a PC 7519 for several years with accurate speed control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Molaver View Post
    I installed the Super PID controller on my router table which has the 7518.
    Mike / Josh

Do either of you have any pic's or links showing how you bypassed the soft start circuit on the PC 7518/7519?

Looking at the Super PID instructions page, All it shows is having to join/solder the three TRIAC legs together, Where & how did you mount your sensors?

Doug

I just ordered the Jessem Pow-R-Tek setup to put into my Incra offset router table top, Mast-R-Lift II router lift, and custom (for the offset table) NYW Deluxe Router Table. The motor is supposed to get here this week and I expect I'll be routing drawer lock and dovetails for the router table drawers this weekend. My Incra LS Super System doesn't get here for another couple of weeks (back ordered for 4-6 weeks) so I'll have to wait to add that.

True, but will any spindles fit in any of the lifts out there?
    I missed this the first time around. The big point is you do not need a conventional lift, using liner rails the spindle is side mounted and you just saved your self the coust of the lift and the top will not need to be such a hugely thick thing and will also be removeable so if a custom top is required for a specific job just lift one off and put another one on. The other advantage of using a spindle is that it is run via a VFD and using that gives way better speed control and it can then be used as a spindle sander if needed. I am in the process of building a table using this method but it will have full electronic control via a touch screen with memory for repeating jobs if needed but the electronic control is not necessary. Mine will have target dimension in it, put a dimension or height into it and the fence or lift moves to that target. Not for everyone and I can understand that but a manual version can be built leaving out the electronics.

There is absoulutely no need to buy an expensive router lift these days unless you have too much money. As for the Jessem motor we have just had one lose the speed controller which ws supposed to have been fixed when they were pulled from the market for a long time a few years ago.
    Last edited by Chris Parks; 02-11-2019 at 7:50 PM.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Klein View Post
    I just ordered the Jessem Pow-R-Tek setup to put into my Incra offset router table top, Mast-R-Lift II router lift, and custom (for the offset table) NYW Deluxe Router Table. The motor is supposed to get here this week and I expect I'll be routing drawer lock and dovetails for the router table drawers this weekend. My Incra LS Super System doesn't get here for another couple of weeks (back ordered for 4-6 weeks) so I'll have to wait to add that.
    How do you like the JessEm PowRTek router?
    any issues?
    Would you purchase it again?

all the Best
    Curt