Thread: Searching for parts for and old 351.23383 Craftsman Planer

Searching for parts for and old 351.23383 Craftsman Planer

Had my planer in storage and it got wet. While it is almost trash I am going to try and get it going again. The part that I need is the bracket that holds the shaft in the base that connects the two screw shafts that operate the leveling shafts that raise and lower the table. I could also use the table as this one is really trashed, but the bracket is the most important. Due to the fact that I live (barely) on SS and not doing woodworking professionally any longer I'd really just like to get this fired up if possible. I really only rarely use it, the bracket is #8859 on the base illustration(although the part does not look at all like the drawing). Thanks for looking
    The beating will continue until the morale picks up

One potential, but you may need to search EBAY.

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/man...1-planer-parts
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    One potential, but you may need to search EBAY.

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/man...1-planer-parts
    Thanks Jim I thought about that, I thought I'd post here and other wood worker forums hoping someone might have one of these old planers laying around out of order. Thanks for the owners manual referral. I have the original manual that came with mine but the newer model( same as the old one with a minor change or two)does have a better drawing of the part. BTW same part number as well.
    The beating will continue until the morale picks up

Foley Belsaw made the older sears planers. I think yours is too modern for that maker. I know it is too young for the Parks planer sold as craftsman.
    bill D.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 03-20-2023 at 12:58 AM.

Have you tried using the OWWM forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger LaPointe View Post
    Thanks Jim I thought about that, I thought I'd post here and other wood worker forums hoping someone might have one of these old planers laying around out of order. Thanks for the owners manual referral. I have the original manual that came with mine but the newer model( same as the old one with a minor change or two)does have a better drawing of the part. BTW same part number as well.
    You can certainly post a "Wanted" in the Classifies here if you upgrade to Contributor status. Folks are not allowed to offer up "stuff" in the regular discussion forums per the TOS. Click the donation button up at the top of the page...requested donation is only $6 which not only unlocks the Classifieds, but also opens up image viewing and private messaging.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...