Page 110 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1768

Thread: Glowforge release

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Sorry, you're right. I shouldn't have exaggerated down. The last one I saw was about 1" off. Posted in their own support section. My bad. 1". I'll try to be more accurate about how far off they are in the future. But I understand that accuracy isn't anything important to worry about.
    Meanwhile...

https://community.glowforge.com/t/acrylic-purse/20035

8427effed6f1095e712f88a376fdd7b5c3ec92cf_1_666x500.jpeg

But I understand that accuracy isn't anything important to worry about.
    "Size matters not." - Yoda
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

And that proves no one else has issues? That’s a ridiculous post. I guess I’m supposed to go post 50 photos of people with problems now?

I guess no one is having problems with them. They should probably shut down the problems and support area of their forum.

Go back through every post I’ve posted on the GF and show me where I said it was impossible for anyone to make anything with it. I’ll save you the trouble, I’ve never said that. But thanks for trying.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    "Size matters not." - Yoda
    And make sure you material is within .0039 of an inch as it will not cut correctly.

Blog Entries
    As I stated previously, there are STILL a lot of backlogs on PREorders. Per March Update below, posted Feb 20th:

"The factory has been churning out more Pro units than forecast lately, and as a result, we’re about caught up with all of our domestic Pro pre-orders. Basic units are pouring off the line so we’re making rapid progress delivering to all of our Basic pre-order customers too. International Basic and International Pro production are starting to take over line capacity, which will reduce the rate of domestic deliveries as we catch up. However, that’s all built into the forecasted ship dates."

So to get the international buyers off their backs, they will be slowing down US production. OH well, still Vaporware And the purse is cute..... Big deal, one user can cut acrylic.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

And that proves no one else has issues? That’s a ridiculous post. I guess I’m supposed to go post 50 photos of people with problems now?

I guess no one is having problems with them. They should probably shut down the problems and support area of their forum.

Go back through every post I’ve posted on the GF and show me where I said it was impossible for anyone to make anything with it. I’ll save you the trouble, I’ve never said that. But thanks for trying.
    Here's what you posted Steve:

"Easy to use for what? Making parts that aren't accurate? Making parts that miss the mark by 1/2"? But yet you qualify that as success? Obviously my measurements for success are slightly higher than being able to miss dimensions by 1/2" and call that a success."

You see a post or two that confirms your bias and then overgeneralize by implying that it is unlikely that anyone can use the GF to cut within acceptable tolerances. This is simply not true, as evidenced by a pretty involved 3D (this might short circuit some folks) project that requires some accuracy. Pivoting to "it's not impossible" (paraphrasing) is not the same as saying something is possible. You're tipping the odds for dramatic effect and to fit your negative narrative.

What might be ridiculous is jumping to conclusions and making straw man arguments like, "I guess no one is having problems with them. They should probably shut down the problems and support area of their forum." No reasonable person would assume that and this shows that you might be more concerned with being right, instead of correct.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    As I stated previously, there are STILL a lot of backlogs on PREorders. Per March Update below, posted Feb 20th:

"The factory has been churning out more Pro units than forecast lately, and as a result, we’re about caught up with all of our domestic Pro pre-orders. Basic units are pouring off the line so we’re making rapid progress delivering to all of our Basic pre-order customers too. International Basic and International Pro production are starting to take over line capacity, which will reduce the rate of domestic deliveries as we catch up. However, that’s all built into the forecasted ship dates."

So to get the international buyers off their backs, they will be slowing down US production. OH well, still Vaporware And the purse is cute..... Big deal, one user can cut acrylic.
    Making a statement like "a lot" would indicate that you have some knowledge of quantity. I don't think you do and are just assuming the worst. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, I don't know. I provided links of backers receiving a machine in about a week of receiving their "Golden Email", as well as some that purchased over a year outside the initial 30-day campaign. Since they are not in real-time production yet, I believe this is considered pre-order, before they moved to the full retail price. Probably should not be glossed over. I appreciate that you did include that international units are starting to take over the production line capacity. Although, it appears like you have chosen to not believe that.

Maybe the purse project is not your cup of tea, since you dismissed it and called it "cute" and used the words "big deal". Hopefully it is an example of a creative piece of constructed materials and skill, to demonstrate what is possible. Perhaps you are just more talented and not impressed.

Since you are still intent to plant the "vaporware" flag, I will just salute you as you go down with the ship, while it sinks into a river in Egypt. (I'm just giving you a hard time).
    Last edited by Matt McCoy; 02-24-2018 at 3:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    Here's what you posted Steve:

"Easy to use for what? Making parts that aren't accurate? Making parts that miss the mark by 1/2"? But yet you qualify that as success? Obviously my measurements for success are slightly higher than being able to miss dimensions by 1/2" and call that a success."

You see a post or two that confirms your bias and then overgeneralize by implying that it is unlikely that anyone can use the GF to cut within acceptable tolerances. This is simply not true, as evidenced by a pretty involved 3D (this might short circuit some folks) project that requires some accuracy. Pivoting to "it's not impossible" (paraphrasing) is not the same as saying something is possible. You're tipping the odds for dramatic effect and to fit your negative narrative.

What might be ridiculous is jumping to conclusions and making straw man arguments like, "I guess no one is having problems with them. They should probably shut down the problems and support area of their forum." No reasonable person would assume that and this shows that you might be more concerned with being right, instead of correct.

Just remember Matt, that works both ways. What you apparently read from that was "Everyone's machines are 1/2" off". You might want to reread that and not insert your opinion into my comment. I didn't say "EVERYONE". I was simply mentioned that there are a fair number of cases on their support site that list problems with accuracy. The fact that their users are posting examples proves it's actually happening. However, you posting a purse made on it doesn't prove it's not happening. You see, both statements can be true to one thinking rationally. You can have people that have machines that aren't accurate while at the same time having people that are making things successfully. I'm not sure why you think my belief system is "either, or". I made a factual statement based on their own users photos and accounts. My statement is 100% accurate (more accurate that the GF!).

My comment about shutting the support forum down was a joke. It was a joke because every time 1 person posts examples of the problems they are having, you post examples of people not having problems, like that negates the problems. For once, I'd just like to see you admit to an issue and say that it's a problem, rather than try and paint over it with this word parsing nonsense.

Just in case you weren't aware, there are sections of that forum where people post problems. Not everyone is thrilled. That's THEIR USERS words, not mine. It's interesting that every time I post their users words, I get blamed for something
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Just remember Matt, that works both ways. What you apparently read from that was "Everyone's machines are 1/2" off". You might want to reread that and not insert your opinion into my comment. I didn't say "EVERYONE". I was simply mentioned that there are a fair number of cases on their support site that list problems with accuracy. The fact that their users are posting examples proves it's actually happening. However, you posting a purse made on it doesn't prove it's not happening. You see, both statements can be true to one thinking rationally. You can have people that have machines that aren't accurate while at the same time having people that are making things successfully.
    More to the point, they can be the same people. If you don't mind possibly wasting material out at the edges, a misalignment on vector cuts really isn't critical: a 1/2"x8" cut piece doesn't care whether it came from the edge of a 12"x20" piece of raw material or a half-inch in.

The thing that struck me about the purse was that, yes, it's a successful project...coming from a GF owner with excellent pre-existing design chops (and almost certainly some pre-existing graphic software experience). It's not like the GF showed up on her doorstep, she suddenly thought "Hey, can I make a purse with this thing?", and an hour later she was done.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Export Control. You acknowledge that the Product may be subject to export control laws and other laws and regulations of the United States and other countries, and that if Glowforge ships the Product to you, the Product may be impounded or otherwise confiscated by customs or other authorities. You are responsible for compliance with all applicable export control laws and regulations.
    We ship a product that does not meet import regulations and it gets seized / destroyed....it's on you

Limited License. Subject to your complete and ongoing compliance with these Terms, Glowforge grants you, solely for your personal use, a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to: (a) access and use the Service; (b) install and use one object code copy of mobile applications made available by Glowforge and obtained from a legitimate marketplace on a mobile device that you own or control; and (c) use designs to print on materials with a wireless hardware Product in accordance with the license rights to those designs purchased by you on the Service.
    So if you sell the machine, GF can brick it by refusing access to the online services, making the machine effectively worthless

ARBITRATION NOTICE. Except for certain kinds of disputes described in Section 5.7, and except if you are in the European Union, you agree that disputes arising under these Terms (including any dispute arising from your purchase or use of the Product) will be resolved by binding, individual arbitration, and BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS, YOU AND GLOWFORGE ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. YOU AGREE TO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend your rights under this contract (except for matters that may be taken to small claims court). Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR and NOT a judge or jury. (See Section 5.7.)
    If you are outside of the EU ,you will be waiving your rights to legal redress through the courts

Subscription Service. The Service may include additional, premium features that include automatically recurring payments for periodic charges (“Subscription Service”), for example, monthly delivery of designs. If you decide to activate a Subscription Service, you authorize Glowforge to periodically charge, on a going-forward basis and until cancellation of either the recurring payments or your account, all accrued sums on or before the payment due date for the accrued sums. The “Subscription Billing Date” is the date when you purchase your first subscription to the Service. Your account will be charged automatically on the Subscription Billing Date all applicable fees for the next subscription period. The subscription will continue unless and until you cancel your subscription or we terminate it. You must cancel your subscription before it renews in order to avoid billing of the next periodic subscription fee to your account. We will bill the periodic subscription fee to the payment method you provide to us during registration (or to a different payment method if you change your payment information). Glowforge may increase the subscription fee for any subsequent subscription period if Glowforge gives you advance notice of the increase before it applies. Glowforge may decrease the subscription fee for any subsequent subscription period without notice. You may cancel a Subscription Service by contacting us at: support@glowforge.com.
    We reserve the right to Brick you if you don't pay a fee / subscription if we decide to implement one

https://glowforge.com/terms-of-service
    You did what !

(User name removed)Funny, i have some experience in the crowdfunding scene, so I wasn't too annoyed with the delays. That is untill the last one.
    Then I recieved a broken one, had it replaced. Had to get the second one replaced due to it malfunctioning, the third one c
    ame in working ok but inside the lid was dirty. I wondered if they sent me a refurbished unit, which kinda got me ruffled. I didn't pay for a refurbished unit and I wasn't at fault for the malfunction.

Then, the new terms came out and all my designs and my ability to use the unit was hyjacked until I agreed to their terms.

Most of my frustrations have come after recieving the unit.

· Reply · 4h
    And this is what happens if you already HAVE a GF and you don't accept their T&C's
    You did what !

The picture of the purse was pointless, everything on it was precut individual pieces, nothing on it were accurate placement was important, it precut and then put together. I've also read a few reports of people's machines so messed up that they had to be replaced, also people getting machines with scratched or chipped lens.Its not a small amount of people. If you read the reports of unsatisfied customers for what ever reason weather small or big problem it adds up to a lot of people. Just to start 20 countries that people can't even get the machine that they paid for over 2 years ago, how many unhappy people is that? for sure 20 but more likely lots more probably in the hundreds , then take all the people that received damaged machines, and all the people that are having problems with the cloud and and then theirs the long running times and the heat problems the list goes on. Sure theirs people that got a working machine and some are making some pretty cool stuff . But you have to admit theres a lot of unhappy GF people out there, and the company changing TOS and raising prices. I think their in for a lot more problems.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Yes. But k40 does not cost tbousands of dollars

Meant thousands

"Terms of Service"... wow! I've been cutting GF a lot of slack compared to most here, but dammm... It's no wonder they can't get the machine to work, looks like all their time & money is being spent on tweaking the how-to-make-money-after-the-sale paperwork.

Sadly, the same prioritization sequence for many companies:
    1- Generate Cash Flow
    2-
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

...I was simply mentioned that there are a fair number of cases on their support site that list problems with accuracy...
    You mention it in a way to insinuate that it's most, not some. This is misleading, at best.

My comment about shutting the support forum down was a joke.
    Yes, I know. You misunderstand, though. I am not an either/or type of person and you take my post as pro GF, but they are only attempts to disseminate accurate info or dispel speculation.

Do any of the big 3 or import machines have official support forums? I'm asking, because I don't know.

...For once, I'd just like to see you admit to an issue and say that it's a problem, rather than try and paint over it with this word parsing nonsense.

Just in case you weren't aware...
    Perhaps you should read back a few posts. You will find what you seek. My opinion is that the "nonsense" is repeating incorrect info.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    ...The thing that struck me about the purse was that, yes, it's a successful project...coming from a GF owner with excellent pre-existing design chops (and almost certainly some pre-existing graphic software experience). It's not like the GF showed up on her doorstep, she suddenly thought "Hey, can I make a purse with this thing?", and an hour later she was done.
    That was a seperate debate. No one is saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    We ship a product that does not meet import regulations and it gets seized / destroyed....it's on you
    I have you down for one "crushed" vote, as I recall. Also, that GF will not be able to be imported into the UK, I believe.

We reserve the right to Brick you if you don't pay a fee / subscription if we decide to implement one

https://glowforge.com/terms-of-service
    I believe you are not interpreting that correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    The picture of the purse was pointless, everything on it was precut individual pieces, nothing on it were accurate placement was important, it precut and then put together. I've also read a few reports of people's machines so messed up that they had to be replaced, also people getting machines with scratched or chipped lens.Its not a small amount of people. If you read the reports of unsatisfied customers for what ever reason weather small or big problem it adds up to a lot of people. Just to start 20 countries that people can't even get the machine that they paid for over 2 years ago, how many unhappy people is that? for sure 20 but more likely lots more probably in the hundreds , then take all the people that received damaged machines, and all the people that are having problems with the cloud and and then theirs the long running times and the heat problems the list goes on. Sure theirs people that got a working machine and some are making some pretty cool stuff . But you have to admit theres a lot of unhappy GF people out there, and the company changing TOS and raising prices. I think their in for a lot more problems.
    Bert: Your are probably set in your thinking and not able to see otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    "Terms of Service"... wow! I've been cutting GF a lot of slack compared to most here, but dammm... It's no wonder they can't get the machine to work, looks like all their time & money is being spent on tweaking the how-to-make-money-after-the-sale paperwork.

Sadly, the same prioritization sequence for many companies:
    1- Generate Cash Flow
    2-
    "Can't get the machine to work" is an example of the problem here, especially if one really believes that.