Thread: Curious about diodes lasers

Curious about diodes lasers

can any of these come close to engraving speed of a co2 ?
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

It is my understanding that it is all about the output power of the laser and the dot size. There are some 40w input diode lasers that output about 10w. I’m not sure of the output of a K40 CO2 laser. Take a look at the Neje 40640 diode laser. The diode does not need the exhaust and water cooling a CO2 laser needs if that matters to you.

Google found this about an Ortur laser:
    For engraving solid wood, Ortur recommends using 3000 mm/min speed settings and the laser at 100% power, which, at least from our experience, is way too fast and leaves the surfaces barely touched.Jul 27, 2021
    So, at full power and a whopping 50mm (about 2 inches) per second, the laser "barely touches" the surface--

So, think Ludicrous Speed, but in reverse
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

yea there way slow and I read they loose power pretty fast so you have to keep buying new laser heads. I was just curious.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

They are slow and hard to keep in focus, the ratings are greatly overblown. I had one I was going to use for a project and finally gave up. IF you had a CNC router and wanted to add one.... that is what the market is set up for. Your co2 is 100 times faster.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    They are slow and hard to keep in focus, the ratings are greatly overblown. I had one I was going to use for a project and finally gave up. IF you had a CNC router and wanted to add one.... that is what the market is set up for. Your co2 is 100 times faster.

Yea Bill I was just thinkin I could set it up outside on the deck and do some small stuff like keyfobs but I guess their just to slow and not worth it.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander