Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: HAMMER (Felder) news

Ya'll consider yourselves advised. This will be across the board: Machines, parts, accessories, everything...

ErikFelder price increase.JPG
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

I am fortunate to be near receiving delivery on some Hammer machines. Have eye on another, but want to get those I ordered this past summer experienced some before making the decision. Hopefully they come soon. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jeff Smith View Post
    I am fortunate to be near receiving delivery on some Hammer machines. Have eye on another, but want to get those I ordered this past summer experienced some before making the decision. Hopefully they come soon. Thanks for the heads up.
    Thanks for hanging in there with us, Mr. Smith.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Hey Gang. Been a while since I updated this thread but some rather sudden news: This will be my last week at Felder USA. To make a long story short, I'll be going to work in sales for the same company my wife works for, which is in the electronic health care records field. It's bittersweet: I have been successful and Felder and the company is actually expanding both DE and TX operations. One of our personal goals has been to do a lot more traveling and possibly relocate out of Austin over the next 5-10 years. The ability to have a future that will allow 100% remote work played a big factor in this decision. Anyhow, I'm leaving Felder on good terms and will miss everyone there.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Erik
    Congrats on the new job
    thanks for all the information and advice you have posted over the years
    Don't be a stranger on here
    Good Luck
    Ron

Good luck Erik, best wishes, sorry to see you leave the Felder Group, please stay in touch on the forum……Regards, Rod

Thanks Erik, keep chopping wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Good luck Erik, best wishes, sorry to see you leave the Felder Group, please stay in touch on the forum……Regards, Rod
    I agree Erik. If you’re ever in the area stop by. My door is always open to “creekers”
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Best of luck in the new venture, Erik. Many thanks for the valuable input you've provided to all of us!

If you're in the Santa Fe area you're always welcome!

Thanks, gents! Will do and I still plan to be around Sawmill Creek. Was talking to the Felder USA Sales Manager and told him that if they ever need a hired gun for trade shows and it lines up with my calendar, let me know. He really liked the idea. I've seen the roster of machines for the IWF show this August and it should be truly impressive. I love the brand and the whole team at Felder USA are really some of the best folks you could work with. If I ever get serious about any type of woodworking beyond what I do now, I'd buy an A3-31 and N4400 without hesitation.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Best of luck on your new career path Erik. I'd love to find a work from home setting so my wife and I could winter elsewhere and still make some money! I always enjoy your help here and with Felder.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Erik you will be missed. Really appreciate your advice in the past and keeping us informed on Sawmill Creek. Best wishes for you future endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Rice View Post
    Erik you will be missed. Really appreciate your advice in the past and keeping us informed on Sawmill Creek. Best wishes for you future endeavors.
    Jeff and Pat, ditto and thanks!

One pro tip to all Felder/Hammer customers: If you have a machine on order or plan to order one and want accessories like mobility kits, dial indicators, or anything else, I would strongly suggest ordering those parts directly from the E-shop and ordering sooner rather than later. In other words, don't have your rep just put the accy's on the machine order. We are seeing lots of machines getting delivered with incomplete or back-ordered accessories, even if ordered many months prior. We suspect that the factory is not actually placing a customer's accessory order until their machine leaves Austria. In pre-pandemic times, this was not an issue but the supply chain has been so disrupted that everyone seems to operating on a lean model nowadays, including Felder. It's a bummer to have your jointer/planer show up but mobility kit on backorder. When you order directly from the E-shop, it bypasses all that since it's not tied into a machine order. Hope this make sense.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

This is a shot in the dark in case Erik is still watching this. I just received a A3-31 with some freight damage (dent in a cover piece). All is well, but it has a high pitch whistle/rattle while running. I did not get much help (they are very friendly) from the tech staff in Delaware. Any idea if this is something to worry about? I did not see any notice to fill up oils, grease etc. Any advice appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cowan View Post
    This is a shot in the dark in case Erik is still watching this. I just received a A3-31 with some freight damage (dent in a cover piece). All is well, but it has a high pitch whistle/rattle while running. I did not get much help (they are very friendly) from the tech staff in Delaware. Any idea if this is something to worry about? I did not see any notice to fill up oils, grease etc. Any advice appreciated.
    Joe, there should not be any rattling or whistling sounds. Did you send a video clip to Felder Tech Support? If it were me, I might pull the various access panels (but NOT the electrical access panel that has the warning sticker) and see if something is touching a pulley or drive belt. Hope this helps.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep