Thread: "OEM" Felder F&F jig

"OEM" Felder F&F jig

Hey gang. Here are pics of the Felder-branded F&F jig that I took at a local customer's shop. I had only seen this in our catalog, beforehand. I know that many slider owners DIY their own. Ours is spendy and probably not for everyone but I was pleasantly surprised at the small details. For example, they edged the working faces with some type of PU rubber banding that gives a good grip against the workpiece. The spring-loaded hold-downs are a nice and solid. The body appears to be 30mm birch ply with a UV finish. I would consider this piece "Aigner-grade" if I had do describe the build quality. Just wanted to share.

Erik
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Pretty slick setup, and the clamps look awesome.

Martin looks to have the same thing.

Is this possibly the mfg'r?

https://ruwi.de/en/wood-line/saw-saf...amping-system/

Interesting router tables they have.

Why does that seem like it's mounted backwards to me? No measuring scales, either for parallel cutting...unless I'm just not seeing them. It does look nicely built, however. Hefty clamps!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Erik — Don’t get me wrong, I love Felder and have quite a few machines and accessories ... but $857! ... and it doesn’t appear to have scales/stops for making rips to a definite width?! Might need to go back to the drawing board on this one.
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

As Wes pointed out, I'm pretty sure that's manufactured by RUWI and just rebranded by Felder and others. The price is also much cheaper in Europe, minus any shipping charges of course.

Along with the lack of scales that both Jim and Tom pointed out, this system also has no way to automatically square the jig pieces to the sliding table. Apparently you're supposed to do that by sliding the fence closer and butting the jig pieces up against that, which just seems like a really annoying process.

I do really like those clamps though, as they just drop right on in. Although I heard you have to be careful with their tension so that you don't damage the table / slot.

My Incra Track-based F&F jig is certainly not pretty in comparison, that's for sure.
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Wurster View Post
    As Wes pointed out, I'm pretty sure that's manufactured by RUWI and just rebranded by Felder and others. The price is also much cheaper in Europe, minus any shipping charges of course.
    $388 USD plus shipping if anyone is interested. https://www.sautershop.com/safety-sy...aws-ru-27300-2

Does seem a bit spendy even at that price.

Yeah, it must be the Ruwi unit. It looks like ours comes with the an extra post and some other stuff and of course, mounting nuts for the Felder or Hammer T-slot. Jim, I was a little puzzled that there was no scale on it but then again, maybe they intended it for "freehand" use, where you never really know what the actual zero-line reference would be? Also, you could probably get an adhesive scale. Maybe that's a good thing because "if" it came with a scale, would certainly be Metric.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

I like the one I made better. What exactly do the clamps do on that jig ? Is that set up so you can cut angles as well ?

Interesting, but does not look as well thought out as many seen here. A tad overpriced, and I am not sure I would agree this is Aigner quality. If Aigner, I would not expect to see so much wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    Maybe that's a good thing because "if" it came with a scale, would certainly be Metric.

Erik
    You say that like it's a bad thing?

Regards, Rod.

Jim, I was a little puzzled that there was no scale on it but then again, maybe they intended it for "freehand" use, where you never really know what the actual zero-line reference would be? Also, you could probably get an adhesive scale. Maybe that's a good thing because "if" it came with a scale, would certainly be Metric.
    Metric works for me! (My shop-made F&F is dual scale as is almost everything in my shop)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Metric works for me! (My shop-made F&F is dual scale as is almost everything in my shop)
    Guys, I'm with you. I wish it was one or the other. Ever tried to calculate fractional inches off a dial indicator that reads in 10th of an inch? What the heck is that?

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Guys, I'm with you. I wish it was one or the other. Ever tried to calculate fractional inches off a dial indicator that reads in 10th of an inch? What the heck is that?

Erik
    Right ...

7FBC0CC7-ABC9-47BC-A63E-9D1C36C6F86D.jpeg
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

Erik
    'Decimal equivalents'. Lately, I've been adding fractional measurements just for practice. But reading 11/16 on the tape and writing .687 comes naturally after half a lifetime.

What's HARD, is trying to figure multiple turns on a Felder 'inch' handwheel that's graduated .080 but is connected to a 2mm pitch screw. At least the digital counter looks to be correct, if +- .010 is good enough. Or whatever it is. The garage is too cold to check here in Central TX.