Thread: firefox and sawmill creek

Unhappy firefox and sawmill creek

i have a couple of problems using firefox on sawmill creek. first one is firefox doesn't keep me logged in even though i checked the keep me loged in box. second problem is opening pictures to enlarge them i get a box that never opens and i have to open in a new window. it will enlarge with IE but i don't like IE. all in all not a big deal just annoying.

I use Firefox on Linux and Windows, and I do not have the problems you have. It works great for me. Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you.

odd, I run firefox and do not have either of those problems.

Check your tools menu, go to options, the security in your browser window and make sure your 'keep me logged on' option is checked, that may be the cause of you having to relog every time. Also are options in there for viewing images that you may need to adjust to view images properly.

Good luck
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"

I am also a Firefox user with no issues on the Creek.

Fred,

This would be better placed in the Forum Technical Support forum so I'm taking the liberty of moving it there.

I don't do Firefox so good luck!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by fred woltersdorf View Post
    i have a couple of problems using firefox on sawmill creek. first one is firefox doesn't keep me logged in even though i checked the keep me loged in box. second problem is opening pictures to enlarge them i get a box that never opens and i have to open in a new window. it will enlarge with IE but i don't like IE. all in all not a big deal just annoying.
    I sometimes have the same problem with pictures. It'll say "loading" but never loads. I've found that if I close the "frame" and click on it again, the pic will load properly. It seems to be a frequent but not-all-the-time. There may well be a default setting that needs to be changed in SMC or Fire Fox.

I have no problem using Firefox here or anywhere else. Automatic updates keep me current -- 3.0.3 now. As to the login, My office computer, which is connected via ethernet cable to my router, logs in automatically and stays logged in no matter how long I'm online. My shop desktop and my laptop are wireless to the router and have to be re-logged occasionally after some period of inactivity -- wireless security, I suppose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Bill Arnold
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Blog Entries
    I use Firefox at home and at work with no problems on SMC. I never had to change any settings.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

And the answer is:

Follow the yellow brick road as follows:

Click on 'tools', 'options', 'privacy'. Check accept cookies, and check accept third party cookies. Also set "keep until" to "I close Fire Fox" from the pull-down list.

Click on exceptions. there you will find a long list of cookies that are band by the FF people. On the "search" line, type in 'www.sawmillcreek.org'. When you start to type, three options will appear under the line you are typing on. When you are finished entering the URL, click on 'allow'. You can set up whatever sites you want to "remember". I keep SMC, Amazon, Wood Central, and a couple others.

Once you have added a site to the allow list, FF will not delete it.
    Best Regards, Ken

You could also use the add-on "Cookie Safe." This lets you see the status of you cookie and let's you change it on the fly. Excellent tool, especially when going to sites that require cookies. Just add them for session or temporarily. You won't have to access any menus. Just click on the icon.

Burt

Mac / Linux

I am running FF on OSX leopard and linux FC8. No problems to report.

HTH

Fred,
    Check the Private Data settings under the Tools>Options menu. If the option to "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox" is checked, you will be "forgotten".

Todd