Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My First Gloat-worthy post and first bowl

Great looking lathe ... I got the same one and love it.

Great job on the bowl and pen!

Happy Turning,
    Shane Whitlock

Sounds like she really is a keeper. I have a hard time getting mine to venture into the garage to even look at a piece I have turned. Guess f I cleaned the 3' depp chips it would be easier for her?!?!
    Be a mentor, it's so much more fun throwing someone else into the vortex, than swirling it alone!

Danny

Don't be disappointed settingly for Miracle Whip 1642. I've been turning on mine since August of 2004. Its a great machine. I too lust for Mustard. My work puts me in contact with people from WHM (Jet/Powermatic) a couple times a year. Half of my freinds there try to goat me into moving up but one especially good friend there claims he'll call my wife and tell her I can do everything on the 1642 and I don't need the 2436.

About the only good Bar-b-que place I can find in Illinois is Fat Terry's over your way. If you drive me out a slab of ribs and some brisket I'll give you a free lesson and some free wood! I'm only an hour west!

Frank
    'Sawdust is better than Prozac'

Welcome Danny and congrats on the ne lathe. Nice looking bowl and pen you got there. Who did it? Say, I know what scroll sawing is... what is chip carving?

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Nyvall View Post
    Welcome Danny and congrats on the ne lathe. Nice looking bowl and pen you got there. Who did it? Say, I know what scroll sawing is... what is chip carving?

Ernie,

Chip carving is carving patterns in a flat board (usually) by removing a "chip" of wood.... triangular chips, curved chips, etc. With just a few basic cuts you can do some really intricate stuff.

Wayne Barton is a master at the craft.... even his kitchen cabinet doors are chip carved! Check out his web site for some examples.

http://www.chipcarving.com/

Danny
    Danny Yarbrough
    Plainfield, Illinois