Thread: New kitchen Cabinets

New kitchen Cabinets

Howdy boys, I have been watching and reading this sight for a while now and you guys out there are great.Here are some pictures or the kitchen cabinets I just finished. From standing trees to the finished product, My wife and I sawed them on our mill, air dried, and machined. This is all Blue Pine from Eastern Oregon.
    Thank you guys for all the info.
    Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to the 'Creek, Dan! Those a really unique looking cabinets...I bet the new kitchen is gonna be great!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thank You Jim. Yes they are unique.
    Dan

Looks great Dan. Those will go well with the feel of the log home. Good feeling to have cabinets that you took from trees to a finished product. I would like to see some pics of the finished kitchen, and house, when you get it done. Thanks for sharing. Bill

Oh, I almost forgot, Welcome and glad to have you here.

Welcome Dan. You've sure done a great job there taking your trees from logs to a finished product. Like Anthony, I'll be interested in seeing the whole kitchen when it's finished.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Quite a journey

Dan, Thats quite a journey you have taken with these trees. I would love to do the whole process like you have done, and hope that when I do, I get results that turn out as good as yours have. Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm sure your family will get a lot of use out of them. Good job!

Jim
    For every 99 people that can handle adversity there is only one that can handle prosperity. Lord let me be that man!

Hi Dan,

The cabinets look great and I bet that they smell awesome too -- I love the smell of freshly cut pine! Something you will appreciate for years to come.

BTW -- welcome to the Creek...

Scot

Very Very Nice!!!

Welcome to the forum. Nice job on the cabinets. Is that blue color in the pine from having been in a mill pond? My father was in the lumber business here in the East, and he used to bring in "blue stained" pine for sale sometimes, but it resulted from logs having been in the water for too long and was the beginning of the growth of mold.

I think it's interesting looking, and you did a nice job. I'm just curious about the material.
    Visit Peercon.com

10. Very nice cabinets.

Welcome. Seems lile someone was bussy doing something very nice. I like your work and seems to be in harmony with the house. Great job.
    Show more pics when done

Nice job on the cabinets Dan, but the timber phases me.

When I was in the pine furniture business, any timber with blue staining in it was put on the fire!

I must have burned tons over the years!

Cheers
    Brad

Thank You all for the reply. This is why I love the people from the "Creek".
    What a great bunch of people. Blue Pine out here in the West is a beautiful wood in the right place. Log home owners love the flow of pine in there homes. It does not have to be kept in a mill pond to blue. Let nature do it for you. Once again, Thank You All.
    Dan

Blog Entries
    Dan,

Welcome to "The Creek".... Sure would like to see more pictures of your home.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution