Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Buckeye Burl HF

Exclamation

THAT LOOKS VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have wood, will turn!!

Ok, as a new turner I post my comments. I personally would have liked to see it without a collar. Maybe? I don't know the condition of the lip below, bet seeing the two colors fight at the top would have been splendid! I feel the colar does seem to be a bit heavy for the piece, maybe becayse of the charcoal colored wood and the black on top of it. I know you say the color is small, maybe dimensionally it is, but it looks heavy for the piece.

Again as stated I am new to turning and all have seen on this forum most of the work I have done, so take my critique for what it is worth.

Jim will you please PM me and tell me if I am off base. Or anyone for that matter. I am giong to try a hollow form, but am wanting to get tips and info from some of the EXPERT TURNERS here on SMC .
    Be a mentor, it's so much more fun throwing someone else into the vortex, than swirling it alone!

Does anyone think that in the future it might help if this Sticky was read and followed. We might then come closer to avoiding these type of things happening. I for one am saddened by all of this.
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning

actually I think most of this happened before the sstickey, just brought back to life by someone dredging up old threads.
    Be a mentor, it's so much more fun throwing someone else into the vortex, than swirling it alone!