Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly gripe

Quote Originally Posted by Craig D Peltier
    yes it made me wonder if they have an special interest here.
    That isn't how SMC works.

To me, your comment insults the integrity of Keith, Jackie, Aaron and all the mods.

Joe

Well I think you take it a little to personal then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mioux
    That isn't how SMC works.

To me, your comment insults the integrity of Keith, Jackie, Aaron and all the mods.

Joe

No I know, I was just kidding, its cool that they responded and was kind about it.I was suprised there was an indirect response here..
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael McCoy
    I would imagine it's taking care of business.

Thanks Jim thats helpful.I can pick one up tommorrow then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Most machines set up for 240v do not arrive with a plug...there are a number of types/versions and you'll want a plug that matches your outlet.

Yes that was very nice.I understand its not there fault but the response of "call us in 5 days wasnt the right answer" when I knew it was going to take 6 days.Im over it and so is my client.They will wait.Thanks for everyone responding. At the time I was venting but trying not to prosecute,I had just hung up with them.I look forward to making it up to there store in near future and picking up a bandsaw.I was in the shipping business for 11 years.Renting party furniture.I understand about logisitics, but on the other hand we had all the answers for the client about there delivery schedule and what could affect them.
    Im glad I was able to afford the 8 inch after reading all the great advice in this forum. I hope this machine will be around for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Barton
    Hi Craig,

I completely understand wanting to have the tool to use and being excited and anxious to recieve it. To Grizzly's credit, you got a personal reply from the president of the company who takes the time and effort to monitor this forum. I have been accused of being a Grizzly groupie even though I only have one Grizzly machine in my shop but, I've bought many supplies from them and they have always been excellent for customer service with never a question about my request. As others have suggested, shipping companies can be a little of a challenge for some of us who are used to rapid gratification. Liftgate service is a little unique. I think you will be happy with the ultimate outcome.

This is probably a good thread to make a very important point concerning influence in our Forums.

Because we are Member Supported we have no sponsors and therefore are not obligated to edit any posts that contain remarks that are critical of any manufacturer or product. If for instance Grizzly was a paid sponsor of SMC I would have deleted this thread the minute I was aware it existed. Not just this thread would have been deleted, there would be several each and every day.

The fact is we don't edit or delete threads or posts that are critical of a manufacturer or particular product unless claims are made that are not supported with facts. Opinions are fine but blatant statements like "XYZ company makes junk" won't be visible for long here. Statements made must be backed up with factual data to support critical comments. The situation is much like a responsible Newspaper operates in that you have the right to speak freely but you have a legal responsibility to speak the truth or you will suffer the consequences.

SMC is required to remove any thread, post or comment that contains statements that are not true. Although the content in our Forums is the legal responsibility of each poster we have an obligation to remove illegal statements. Our responsibility and legal obligations should not be considered blatant support of any manufacturer.

We are fortunate when the managers of major companies are willing to respond to questions concerning their products here at SMC. Many of our Members have received support that they may never have enjoyed otherwise.

Last edited by Keith Outten; 03-24-2007 at 9:48 AM.

Shiraz keeps tabs on the temperature of his customers, just like any good businessman, and he is to be applauded for it. If, for instance, this issue were to have been demonstrably Grizzly's faus pax, he would be all over the problem like white on rice. Besides, it takes guts to join a group as the CEO of the company in your own name and he has in the past stepped up to issues and questions personally. I for one am glad to have him as a member. My 2 cents.

rn

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Niemiec
    Delivery logistics are always an issue, and while I know how it is when you pull the trigger on a big purchase it can be frustrating to wait for the package to arrive. I can't really fault Grizzly here, they were pretty prompt on their end and its just the delivery route schedule that's the issue. I, for one, have made the drive to Muncey from Central NJ several times, about 175 miles each way, and on two occasions came back with a table saw in the back of a Nissan 300ZX on the first trip, then a 6" joiner in my pickup on the second. And the staff helped me unpack the table saw so I could fit the pieces in the hatchback of the 300ZX. I'm sure you will be happy when it arrives.

rn
    This gentleman uses a Nissin 300ZX for his pickup! I had a friend that use to pull a disc in his field with a Jaguar! My friend was nuts!

There are a lot of issues going on in this thread, so I guess it should not be surprising that I find things a bit confusing.

Still... I'm puzzled at all the people saying this isn't Grizzly's fault and in other ways defending Grizzly and telling the buyer that they have unrealistic expectations.

What I see is:
    - the company promised 3-5 business days delivery.
    - the item was ordered Tuesday, so three business days later is Friday. Five days later would be Tuesday. And that is if they don't count the day it is ordered.
    - The buyer was flat out told by the delivery company that the item will not be delivered before next Thursday. That is seven business days.

To me, that is a problem. No, it may not be a huge problem, but it still is a problem. And I think that we all should expect the company to also treat that as a problem.
    "It's Not About You."

Might be wise to make a list of possible questions before anyone orders, I've learned the hard way several times to do this.

Asking total price, needed accessories, what the unit is packed on or in, assembly requirements, delivery time both best and worst case, manuals, whats needed when it is delivered like lift gate, pallet jack, etc.
    Also ask the person your ordering it from if there's anything you should know or do, it would have been nice at this point for Grizzly to mention the delivery problems and possible offer alternitaves if there were any.

Maybe we have a company that assumes a bit to much, and a buyer who didn't ask all the right questions, I'd call it a learning curve and enjoy the jointer...when ever it gets there....

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

I went back and reread the original post again. The sentence that confuses me is. "They want me to wait 3-5 business days for it." What does that mean? Grizzly promised to deliver within that time frame. Grizzly could only track the shipment after 3-5 days. Craig paid for that kinda shipping because he needed the jointer quick? Grizzly shipping is very cheap so unless your paying for that kinda quick delivery, getting the jointer within 7-10 days is pretty good for something that heavy requiring a lift gate. My opinion of course

~mark

So consider my problem in trying to get Grizzly products deleivered. I live in Canada nad Grizzly won't ship to Canada.

So I have to take a day and travel to the Bellingham store. But what a day it is. Like a kid in a candy store.
    I'm ALMOST glad they won't ship to me.

When handed lemons, make lemonade.

Fred Mc.

Quote Originally Posted by fRED mCnEILL
    So consider my problem in trying to get Grizzly products deleivered. I live in Canada nad Grizzly won't ship to Canada.

So I have to take a day and travel to the Bellingham store. But what a day it is. Like a kid in a candy store.
    I'm ALMOST glad they won't ship to me.

When handed lemons, make lemonade.

Fred Mc.
    Fred has the correct perspective! I live about 3.5 hours from Muncy. I have or have had a few Grizzly machines. I figured it was worth the drive to save shipping issues, get to handle the prospective purchase and talk to the sales people. It's better than a trip to the candy store-a jointer lasts longer than a box of choklits

Curt

I had the same "issue" with shipping from Grizzly. I asked for tailgate delivery the item shipped right away but it missed the local delivery day. I was going to have to wait a week (6 days) for the next delivery day for my area. I contacted the shipper and was able to pick the unit up there myself. It was real close for me so it wasn't a problem. After picking it up I contacted Grizzly and they refunded the cost of the tailgate delivery. I understand that the shipping companies can't delivery everywhere, everyday. But I do feel the Grizzly should make people better aware of the "Issue", when ordering.

Call me maybe a bit patient I suppose - ordered some large tools from Grizz, Wilke and others. All somewhat inferred they would be here w/i XY days. Not one ever hit the stated time but did leave the door when they stated they would ship.
    Transport companies have different delivery logistic issues as others stated - I know fully well I could have gone local with some and paid WAY more, driven long distances for others and cost me time, big money for petro and hassle.
    So I just wait expectantly and yet to be disappointed with the cost, quality and overall experience.
    In my years of living I've learned one thing - patience. Need something immediately I handle it.
    Okay - maybe it's Sunday and I left church and continued to preach. Sorry - not meant to be a personal blast or such at anyone. Just that things do happen - beyond anyones control at times. IMO I find it hard to blame or fault anybody.