Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Yankee Worshop - What is going on?

New Yankee Worshop - What is going on?

Ok, I have waited patiently through all of the projects that I would never even think of building this season just to see Table Saw 101. This was supposed to be broadcast today (March 3rd) in the Detroit area on PBS over Dish Network. I checked my DVR, and no show. No show next week. What in the heck is going on? I know DIY bought the rights to the old NYW's, but what happened to the current shows. There wasn't even any This Old House's on this week. Am I missing something? I really don't feel like chucking 40 bucks out just to see the show.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Both my local S.C. PBS and the N.C. PBS station where I normally see Norm & Roy Underhill has preempted their programs because the stations are having their March-Fest fund raising shows......

.....I hope Norm & Roy return next week?
    Women are like phones. They love to be held and talked to, but if you press the wrong buttons you'll get disconnected!

Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other

This show was broadcast on my PBS station (Virginia) this morning, but I only caught the last ten minutes or so. I wish I had seen the whole thing.

Up here in Maine we have had girls high school basketball this sat. and last sat. so no shows. If worse comes to worse I will just have to wait until they reair the episode later this year. I think once they get though all the new episodes they go back and reair them. I remember them doing that last year. Hope they do it again this year.

Blog Entries
    Don't these other people realize their priorities are not in tune with ours??? ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Langford
    Both my local S.C. PBS and the N.C. PBS station where I normally see Norm & Roy Underhill has preempted their programs because the stations are having their March-Fest fund raising shows......

.....I hope Norm & Roy return next week?
    Lucky you, if it happens: the beg-a-thons here typically run 16 days, Saturday to Sunday...buggering up three weekends.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud
    Lucky you, if it happens: the beg-a-thons here typically run 16 days, Saturday to Sunday...buggering up three weekends.
    I know what you mean Lee.
    This is week two for the station in N.C. but only the first week here in S.C.
    I'll just watch the shows I have taped until they return.....
    Women are like phones. They love to be held and talked to, but if you press the wrong buttons you'll get disconnected!

Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other

What gets me is all the cool shows they run during the telethon, then you never see them (the shows) again.
    Kyle in K'zoo
    Screws are kinda like knots, if you can't use the right one, use lots of 'em.
    The greatest tragedy in life is the gruesome murder of a beautiful theory by a brutal gang of facts.

It used to be, here in the NW, one could plan on sitting down in front of the tv for 2-3 hours on a Saturday afternoon and watch any number of woodworking type shows.

Now it seems, every 3rd. week, they go into a 3 week long "beg-a-thon".

As long as they insist on pre-empting the shows that I watch it will be difficult for me to contribute. I can think of many other shows they could interrupt!

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud
    Unfortunately, that's the trade-off for commercial-free (and commercial interests-free) TV.

Pete

Pledge drive here in Portland OR. But I did Tivo a funny special with Victor Borge. Patience everyone.
    J D Thomas
    ThomaStudios

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brown
    Unfortunately, that's the trade-off for commercial-free (and commercial interests-free) TV.

Pete
    Pete,
    If you'll notice, PBS is starting to show "longer" sponsor spots. NYW use to just briefly mention the sponsor's names (no logos) at the start and end of the show......Now the sponsors(Delta,PC,MinWax,TiteBond,Woodcraft,etc)
    all have little "mini" commercials! In our Ad driven society you'll be hard pressed to find any program without commercials.

Not gonna complain - I can live with the Begathons as long as they keep the thing commercial free when they done.
    For the amount of time I actually see what I want on other channels I've wasted 20 minutes or more every hour being bombarded with crap. The Begathons sure don't equate to 15-20% of a years viewing.
    Hold tight - things get better

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    we saw that show last week on one pbs last week and the other today.
    they're not syched with anyone
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brown

Pete
    For some very low value of "commercial interests-free": wonder how many books Wayne Dwyer and Suze Orman sell off those "specials" that fill up the pledge weeks?
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.