Thread: where to buy sawmill pine / cedar/ cypress

Question where to buy sawmill pine / cedar/ cypress

Could anyone guide me at a few sawmills. I live about 75 miles NE of Dallas, Texas and would be willing to make a half day drive to get cheaper wood.

In November of 2006 I need about 400 s.f. of about 3/4" thick lumber. The width would be nice if it were around 8" but would consider 6".... I am covering a ceiling in a big room... just butting the boards don't want to pay for T&G. The rafters are on 2' centers so any reasonable lengths in 2' multiples would be nice.

In late December or during January I'll need another 1200 s.f. of similar wood. This to do the same for my up stairs rooms and I'd want the thickness to be 3/4 to 1".

Price depends as to which wood I'd use.... pine, cypress, cedar.

There are lots of sawmills East of Dallas, in the Tyler, Jacksonville, Palestine area.

You might check M&G sawmill, about half way between Houston and Dallas. They have a web page with price list.
    Good, Fast, Cheap--Pick two.

Check out Wilcox Lumber in Rusk, Tx. 35 Minutes south of Tyler. Also, Maybe a little closer is Woods of Mission Timber in Sanger. 30 min North of Dallas just West of FM 455. Bob Pugh owns it, he has all you would ever need.
    Enjoy the journey,

Martin

---------------
    Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable --- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy --- think about such things. --- Paul of Tarsus

M&G Sawmill

Contact Michael or Glen at M&G Sawmill Located in Huntsville. Nicest folks you could ever meet and I'm sure they can help you.
    Last edited by Brad Ivers; 11-13-2006 at 7:51 PM.