Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Southern WI get-together!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud
    "Thesaurus"...hmmm...big teeth, small arms, bad attitude?
    Think I saw a movie about that one awhile back.
    Could that movie have been Hubristic Park, in which Tyrantasoaruswrecks got a bit out of hand?
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Hey Larry, when you get home, you wanna' get your thesaurus out and let the rest of us know what Frank just said? Thanks!
    well we made it back guys and gals. and the drive was much better this time.. as for the thesaurus well i havnt got time to find it. i want every one to know that there is a reason john has so many posts,, he doesnt get a word in edgewize with frank and karl around so this is his avenue to vent.. and i was utterly amazed at wisconsins version of "galleger" alias frank chaffee we didnt swap to many stories just looked in each others eyes and read them. one after another after each one there was a grin a mile long. needles to say me and frank hit it off as well as the rest of the crew.. wanted everyone involved to know that this was the best wknd we have had as well the wife never had so much fun with folks she hadnt ever met. they young kids are loud with there music well those ladies were laughing so hard at johns and karls both that we could hear them down in the garage at karls just fantastic food at both locations and yup wisconsin has the best beer tried several as you can see on the photos, and every one was good to the last drop... frank did tell me which one to try next it was always the same answer the cold one thanks again. creekers are great folk!!!
    If in Doubt? Build it Stought!

Fantastic weekend

This was far and away the best weekend I have had in a very long time if not maybe forever. The drive to Wisconsin was fine with the exception of spending 4 1/2 hours on the toll road from Chicago to Elgin, at least that inconvience was spent with good people like Randi, Judy and even Larry

We got to Wisconsin Dells and I called Karl to tell him where we were while the wives went on a "potty" break and Larry went on a beer run to the Citgo station we were parked at waiting for Karl.....timing couldn't have been better, cause as Larry was crossing the parking lot with the beer and wine coolers Karl came zipping in the parking lot in his car. Larry isn't a hard individual to recognize, I'm sure Karl knew it was him and made a direct bearing to run him down in his car. From that point on I knew this was going to be a lot of fun.

It was especially nice to get a tour of Karl and Caroles lovely "new" home that we all were able to follow when Karl was posting the progress and updates this year....what a Fantastic home that the pictures just don't do justice to.

Next morning Karl and Carole took us to a great restaurant for breakfast and on to Spring Green to John's house and shop and the prior posts and pictures are evidence of what a great time we all had. John had a present for us when we arrived which was very nice of him to do filled with an assortment of much needed items ( and Packers glasses!)....but packed away in a secret compartment of the tool bag was our initiation gift..."The Thong", which Larry rather enjoyed modeling for the camera wrapped around his face like a dust mask. Frank arrived shortly after that with some cheese and crackers. That cheese was was fantastic and disappered quickly. Also John brought out a platter of cheese curds that were also consumed in short order. Great cheese in Wisconsin and the beer was good too (although I was the DD for the weekend)

The women all got together and had a great time just like they had known each other forever, the laughter from these gals was loud and frequent and possibly could have been cause for the neighbors to call in the police for excesive noise.... of course us fella's kept ourselves busy in John and Karls shops.

I know I have never laughed so much, ate so well and enjoyed such a casual relaxed weekend as this one was. Hats off to Karl and Carole Grandma and Tama....John and Jill, Ann, Casey and Madison.....and Frank, for everything you did to make us feel so welcome in your homes and with your families..... I will be anxiously waiting to return the favor when you folks invade Michigan. (Avoid Chicago!)

.....as Karl says....Creeker visits are the best

.....one more thing, you cheeseheads got some mighty big pumpkins on display......
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ash
    .....one more thing, you cheeseheads got some mighty big pumpkins on display......
    Hey, and it's only June. Just think what that thing'll look like in September!!!!

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Chaffee
    Shop tour was conducted and woodworking information was shared.

Here John points out to Larry how the Wixey for tablesaw prototype evolved.

Please note that no machines were powered up during this tour!

Attachment 41487
    John: LOVE the shirt!!! great choice
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Chaffee
    Here’s Karl half way thru our dinner…only the three dessert courses left!
    Attachment 41486
    Karl What diet is that??
    Jerry

Looks like you guys had lots of fun..Sorry I missed...LOML had me pretty occupied down here w a bday party, outoftown guestsetc I toasted you all as I hoisted a Bergoff (good Wisconsin beer)
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Olexa
    Looks like you guys had lots of fun..Sorry I missed...LOML had me pretty occupied down here w a bday party, outoftown guestsetc I toasted you all as I hoisted a Bergoff (good Wisconsin beer)
    So, you never mentioned; Did Brett make it down or not??? I forgot to ask him yesterday when I talked to him.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

.....speaking of Bret, we got to see him, kinda.....sorta....
    Attached Images Attached Images

So, you never mentioned; Did Brett make it down or not??? I forgot to ask him yesterday when I talked to him.
    Yeah, I figured you saw Brett when I saw your new GB shirt Naw, he said he likes us a little but not as much as you true cheeseheads. So we just had regular people here (all lowlifes like me). LOML surprised me by sneaking in unannounced my sister from pa/NJ and her son and wife. She had a surprise TexMex party Friday night and then Saturday afternoon was the big Rib cookout, official bday party with surprise guests for both. Thursday night, my son and 2 SIl's took me out for steaks etc followed by wine,cigars, etc. We behaved but a young guy like me is really tired today after 3 nights in a row followed by a couple more w the smaller group.. My sister and family left this AM. Say Hi to Brett. We missed him esp Thur night BTW he's coming by Sunday for dinner
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ash
    .....speaking of Bret, we got to see him, kinda.....sorta....
    Gee Steve, I knew Brett is a big guy but, never thought he was quite that big!!! Heck, you'd think he's got enough $$$ to buy his own car or ride in a limo, not hitch a ride on the side of a truck!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Olexa
    Yeah, I figured you saw Brett when I saw your new GB shirt Naw, he said he likes us a little but not as much as you true cheeseheads. So we just had regular people here (all lowlifes like me). LOML surprised me by sneaking in unannounced my sister from pa/NJ and her son and wife. She had a surprise TexMex party Friday night and then Saturday afternoon was the big Rib cookout, official bday party with surprise guests for both. Thursday night, my son and 2 SIl's took me out for steaks etc followed by wine,cigars, etc. We behaved but a young guy like me is really tired today after 3 nights in a row followed by a couple more w the smaller group.. My sister and family left this AM. Say Hi to Brett. We missed him esp Thur night BTW he's coming by Sunday for dinner
    Jerry, sounds like you had a marvelous B-day!!! Here's hoping that you have many, many more and that maybe Brett will stop by for the next one!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Heck, you'd think he's got enough $$$ to buy his own car or ride in a limo, not hitch a ride on the side of a truck!!!
    Maybe if he had all your money he could....those pro athletes gotta watch their income, must be tough on those guys making ends meet.

Well, it is certainly good to hear from you Jerry. I was beginning to wonder if your surprise was a trip to the moon or something.

Glad your B-Day was a good one. We did miss you, but you are forgiven. Was this the 31st edition of your 39th B-Day? Whatever, many more are in order.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.