Hello All,

Just keeping you posted. I am engraving a 16 x 24 sheet of 1/4" acrylic at 100% Power and 10%Velocity, that will have 77- 2" circle key chains recessed in the acrylic about .060 to .075 and will have the keyhole untouched to serve as a registration post. It will take a long time to finish but will be useful on the next project also and will definitely make rastering the back side much faster and almost full proof. It is running right now as I am typing and half way through the first row of 11, it was at the 10 minute mark on our digital stop watch. So I guesstimate it will be about 2+ hours for the whole sheet of 7 rows. I may make a 2nd one, if time permits, so I can run it like a shuttle. When one is running we can be loading the 2nd sheet ready to reload the laser.
I ran a single sample to test the mold and it was snug yet easy to postion and remove. I then ran the back side raster and the registration was right on.

I will post a few pictures later.

thanks again for sharing,

Michael

PS we have a Trotec Speedy II with a 60 watt laser at 140 IPS so our setting may be different than yours.

PPS- Boy does time fly when your having fun on the forum. Just looked at the stopwatch and it is already at 51 minutes. That's one of the many benefits of the laser when doing long jobs. You can do more than 2 things at the same time