Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Direct TV Fiasco - Very Long - No laughing allowed

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Meadows
    BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHh....hahahahahahahe heheheheheheheeheheh hohohohohoho.

Sorry old buddy....I held it in for almost a day and a half.......had to release the pressure or I'd have exploded.

Sounds like something that could happen to me..........that was funny!!!!!

Ron
    I didnt laugh Ken, I swear I didnt............................................. Ok I did but I didnt want to.

I laughed out out from the start.

Blog Entries

One question!

I only have one question. Since I know approximately how old you are, just how old does a lady have to be for you to call her an "Old Lady"?

Don't you know the last part you change out is always the one that is broken.......
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

"I only have one question. Since I know approximately how old you are, just how old does a lady have to be for you to call her an "Old Lady"?

Remember Ken It was Lee who asked this question.....no one else was even thinking this.....honest

Paul Kunkel Guest
    HeHe BTDT, only it was the LNB switch. The last, smallest, most insignificant part, without which none of the other parts will function. Also the most difficult to find a replacement for..........

Sorry Ken, I was laughing by the end of the first paragraph. It sounds like you had one of those days when it just might have been better to stay in bed ... I would have said sit around and watch TV all day but ....

Good news is the satalite system just got a really good tune up and you have a spare receiver for the shop. Now you can have races with Norm to see who gets done first!

Red face

I did not laugh, but did have a Jack Daniels just to help you feel better.

DTV/TiVo

Ken,

Feel your pain. I live in the woods and based on the direction of one of DirecTV's certified installation partners I spent $500 getting trees trimmed when I first moved here, Came to find out when I got someone who knew how to focus the dish that I didn't need to do all the trimming!

But hey it's a small price to pay to get Norm, David Marks, and Modern Masters anytime I want them!

And to think...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    WAIT ! ! ! – the LNB from Son is NOT NEW. Back to Radio Shack - buy new Dual LNB ($49.00). Back home – install NEW LNB - and WALLA !! – everything works as advertised. So – now I am out $100.00 for a receiver, $50.00 for cables and $52.00 for LNB. Maybe I will be able to return the receiver to Best Buy for a refund – since the old receiver works fine.
    And to think...For $99 you could have ordered a Tivo Receiver, had it professionally installed (which would have fixed your old one) AND gotten your hands on the next best thing to Tablesaw. Tivo Rules!!!

Question sorry Ken.. it happens to the best of us

this reminds me of the time I tried to get my computers to see one another on a wireless network...

even if you are of the computer generation these things can be tricky...

love makes life happen