Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mini-Split Location??

Good to hear, Steve. If they said it was ok for the space at that height, you should be good to go.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    I just installed a 18k unit in my insulated shop. It only has 8ft ceiling and is 24x40. It will cool down in 95f day decently, I turn it on turbo which increases fan output by 50%or more. Due to wife’s instructions not to place where she could see it from house, I placed it on left long wall about a third of the way down the side at the recommended height from ceiling and exterior unit is closer to the front I left hose length std length. It will cross flow fine
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

I have an 18k in my 18x28 shop and its a bit too small when I start running machines in the middle of the summer. When its 100 outside it will take it down to 68 but if I run the DC for an extended period (30+ min) it can jump 5-10 degrees. So keep in mind you have extra heat sources a normal install doesn't have.

I have mine on the opposite end of the room as the double doors and my workbench and prefer that to having it blow right on me. Or blow paper, etc off the bench.

Ceiling mounted cassette mini split for shop

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Pitman View Post

Would a cassette mini split design work well in a high dust environment like a shop? It would sure make a center placement easier. Wondering if filter access and cleaning is fairly easy on these?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce McVeety View Post
    Would a cassette mini split design work well in a high dust environment like a shop? It would sure make a center placement easier. Wondering if filter access and cleaning is fairly easy on these?
    I think the advantage of the cassette format for the interior unit(s) in a shop would be more flexible placement for air flow. You're still going to need to clean the filters frequently, but if you're keeping the shop clean and using an air filtration system during high dust producing operations, that can help a lot, no matter where you mount the unit(s) or what kind they are. Do note that the ceiling cassette setups tend to be a little more expensive, at least in the current world, but not excessively so,
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...