Thread: Blade Sharpening in NJ

Blade Sharpening in NJ

I used to use a blade sharpening company in Jamesburg, NJ called Ace Grinding, which was 10 minutes from me. However I always sent my Forrest blades back to Forrest for resharpening, except for a few times where I dropped it off at Ace Grinding. However Ace Grinding decided to close up shop. I don't even know when they closed but they are gone.

I changed over some of my blades to Ridge Carbide and my miter saw blade needs to be sharpened. Before I spend the shipping costs to send it back to Ridge Carbide, does anyone know of any good blade services in central NJ, so I hopefully get my blade back in a few days instead of some weeks? Forrest isn't worth the drive, it's cheaper to ship it, however they also have a notice on their web site that they are backlogged 4 to 8 weeks for sharpening service.

Thanks in advance
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!

I'm also in NJ and haven't found a reliable, local place to have my blades sharpened. I send everything to ridge, they're just awesome. I pulled a ts2000 out of an old saw. It had water damage, rust, just terrible shape. I called them and asked if I should bother. They sent the blade back looking absolutely brand new and even etched my name on it lol. Only a couple bucks, totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Rapp View Post
    I used to use a blade sharpening company in Jamesburg, NJ called Ace Grinding, which was 10 minutes from me. However I always sent my Forrest blades back to Forrest for resharpening, except for a few times where I dropped it off at Ace Grinding. However Ace Grinding decided to close up shop. I don't even know when they closed but they are gone.

I changed over some of my blades to Ridge Carbide and my miter saw blade needs to be sharpened. Before I spend the shipping costs to send it back to Ridge Carbide, does anyone know of any good blade services in central NJ, so I hopefully get my blade back in a few days instead of some weeks? Forrest isn't worth the drive, it's cheaper to ship it, however they also have a notice on their web site that they are backlogged 4 to 8 weeks for sharpening service.

Thanks in advance

I use Dynamic Saw in Buffalo NY for sharpening. They have been pretty good with turn around when I've used them. My last invoice was $15 per blade (12" 48T) and just under $15 for return insured shipping for two blades.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I just found a company in middlesex, nj - near bound brook called Share-Rite. https://www.sharpritetool.com/carbid...ening-service/

I suspect they will do a good job. It's actually 10 minutes from my company office, but I only go up there once in a while. It might be worth a drive to see how good they are.

Another reason to go into the office

I just found a company in middlesex, nj - near bound brook called Share-Rite. https://www.sharpritetool.com/carbid...ening-service/

I suspect they will do a good job. It's actually 10 minutes from my company office, but I only go up there once in a while. It might be worth a drive to see how good they are.

Justin

If you wait till the woodworking show you can drop them with ridge I believe and then you pay 1 way ship. I was going through my fathers shop and found a pile of brand new Forest blades and a dado stack all unused. Im about to switch out all my stuff for sharpening and switch to these.

Here in central NC, the county I live in has two good sharpeners. Both are on the other side of the county, so I ship my blades to Dynamic Saw in Bufallo. Flat rate box from USPS going, UPS return. Usually less than two weeks from shipping to return to shop. Check out their prices, can't be beat!

Blog Entries
    On the recommendation of many on the Felder Owners Group, I use Leitz. They are excellent and have numerous locations throughout the US. Here's their locations:

https://www.leitz.org/en-us/contact/locations
    Last edited by Mike King; 06-20-2024 at 4:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by George Yetka View Post
    Justin

If you wait till the woodworking show you can drop them with ridge I believe and then you pay 1 way ship. I was going through my fathers shop and found a pile of brand new Forest blades and a dado stack all unused. Im about to switch out all my stuff for sharpening and switch to these.
    The woodworking show is Feb/March timeframe. I can't wait that long. Good idea if it's around the time of the shows and i need to sharpen my blades. Nice find to get all those blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Here in central NC, the county I live in has two good sharpeners. Both are on the other side of the county, so I ship my blades to Dynamic Saw in Bufallo. Flat rate box from USPS going, UPS return. Usually less than two weeks from shipping to return to shop. Check out their prices, can't be beat!
    Thanks - I will check them out. Flat rate shipping is a good idea - i'll see if my blade fits - it's 12"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike King View Post
    On the recommendation of many on the Felder Owners Group, I use Leitz. They are excellent and have numerous locations throughout the US. Here's their locations:

https://www.leitz.org/en-us/contact/locations
    Thanks Mike - I checked - none near me.

Thanks - I will check them out. Flat rate shipping is a good idea - i'll see if my blade fits - it's 12"

Thanks Mike - I checked - none near me.
    12" blades will fit the larger flat rate box. We used a piece of 1/2" plywood with a short bolt thru it to hold blades in place. We used to group ship our blades to save on shipping. Only problem is blades will come back with whom ever's credit card is used to pay for them laser etched on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    12" blades will fit the larger flat rate box. We used a piece of 1/2" plywood with a short bolt thru it to hold blades in place. We used to group ship our blades to save on shipping. Only problem is blades will come back with whom ever's credit card is used to pay for them laser etched on them.
    I have the original blade box - it looks like for 1 blade in the regular blade box will be cheaper than the large flat rate. If I was sending many blades it would make sense.

I am going to send it back to ridge carbide. i might just need to wait a few more days for shipping. i won't save any on shipping using the place that I found near my job which is 60 miles round trip plus some tolls.