Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An exciting time in music....

Blog Entries
    One of James McMurtry's youTubes talks about the dynamics of making music and a living in current times. It is not as fun & entertaining of a video as his music and music videos. It helped me understand my woke kids a little. I think it is the "live on stage" interview from e-town.

cars for those years as well.

I missed cars & concerts back in those times. I was too busy and too poor to afford either.
    All my money went to raising two kids as a single custodial father.
    Oh well. What's done is done.

Anyhow - one of my favorite quotes is about music.
    "When modes of music change, the fundamental laws of the state always change with them." That was written about 2500 years ago by Plato in The Republic.
    We have the luxury of looking back at the last 100 years and all the changes to see how true that statement really is.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Had a few lucky breaks with concerts. I saw the Beatles at Shea Stadium in 1965 (awesome for a little kid), the Monkeys in 1967 with Jimi Hendrix opening for them (truly bizarre), massive concerts with Simon and Garfunkel, a tiny concert with Billy Joel with about 50 people or so there (you can here me scream on the album), Boston during their heyday, REO Speedwagon, the Rippingtons (my present favorite), Eric Clapton, the Stones, Paul McCartney and Billy Joel, Elton John and Billy Joel (God it was cramped at Ohio Stadium. Can't imagine OSU football games there), although the crowds in Central Park for Elton John and Simon and Garfunkel were massive, the park is at least huge. The Boston Pops on Fourth of July on the Boston Esplanade (tons of fun).

Haven't gone to a concert in years. Hearing isn't what it used to be, don't like the large crowds. Oh well.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.